Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chinese hackers attacking this site

The site has been acting erratic recently due to Chinese hackers trying to get into this site.

Not sure what they're after.

I believe I have shut them out. If you see anything weird or any downtime, or if you can't connect to the site, please text me at (775) 372-8355 anytime

Thanks.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Yes last night and the night before intermittently I could not access the site.

"This site can't be reached."
    I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people.

MDawg Adventures carry on at: https://www.truepassage.com/forums/f.../46-IPlayVegas

If you see that again, please let me know
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

I also kept seeing a "This site can't be reached." Like Mdawg mentioned and had NO idea what was going on. Thank you Dan for the explanation!
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Zk2WAFzDcrJ7pjNB7

Take comfort in the fact that no one is actually backing up his wishes to have you permanantly banned.

Smart is knowing a Tomato is a fruit.

Wise is knowing a Tomato doesn't belong in a fruit salad.

I am glad to get my full posting rights back! Thank you Dan!

Happened to me a couple times
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Happened to me a couple times
    It's weird that only Mdawg, me, and Mickey reported seeing the "This site can't be reached," message. You'd think EVERYBODY would have admitted they saw the same message. :/

Take comfort in the fact that no one is actually backing up his wishes to have you permanantly banned.

Originally Posted by Tasha View Post
    It's weird that only Mdawg, me, and Mickey reported seeing the "This site can't be reached," message. You'd think EVERYBODY would have admitted they saw the same message.

No, it's not weird at all.

Dan asked to have us report only if there are any new, recurring issues; obviously he knows we experienced a problem previously so why would we need to tell him what he already knows? .
    What, Me Worry?

Yes, this thread was mainly to inform everyone of the prior issues, as well as to ask everyone to tell me if it's happening going forward.

If it continues, there are additional measures I can take to stop it, but I'd rather not put in all the effort if my initial fix was good enough.

Are they clogging up your ports with requests?

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    It's weird that only Mdawg, me, and Mickey reported seeing the "This site can't be reached," message. You'd think EVERYBODY would have admitted they saw the same message.

Dan asked to have us report only if there are any new, recurring issues; obviously he knows we experienced a problem previously so why would we need to tell him what he already knows? .
    I'm just saying I thought Dom P, Rob Singer, Dgen, Accounting, KewlJ, Max, Redietz, JB,I Love, j dog, Mcap, Coach, Tableplay, Garnabby, Tuesday, Slap, Monet, Axel, Half Smoke, i.e, the people who post often on VCT would have said,"It happened to me too."

I'm just saying I thought Dom P, Rob Singer, Dgen, Accounting, KewlJ, Max, Redietz, JB,I Love, j dog, Mcap, Coach, Tableplay, Garnabby, Tuesday, Slap, Monet, Axel, Half Smoke, i.e, the people who post often on VCT would have said,"It happened to me too."
    I did not have it happen to me. I have not been particularly active so it was probably down at a time when I wasn't trying to log in.

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post

I did not have it happen to me. I have not been particularly active so it was probably down at a time when I wasn't trying to log in.
    Okay. I just assumed it happened to EVERY Poster on VCT.

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The site has been acting erratic recently due to Chinese hackers trying to get into this site.

I believe I have shut them out. If you see anything weird or any downtime, or if you can't connect to the site, please text me at (775) 372-8355 anytime

Thanks.

Is that why this shows up as your profile pic?

Name:  Todd Witteles Pic.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  68.1 KB
    En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Thanks.

Is that why this shows up as your profile pic?

Name:  Todd Witteles Pic.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  68.1 KB
    LMAO!

With all your socks, it must have been so tiring finding all the dick pics you needed to send to DD. Nobody would believe 5 guys have the same dick.

Originally Posted by theywontpayontuesday View Post

With all your socks, it must have been so tiring finding all the dick pics you needed to send to DD. Nobody would believe 5 guys have the same dick.
    Uh, what?

Uh, what?
    Yeah good idea for you to be texting some little yellow dicks so he thinks they're Chinese hackers.

Uh, what?
    Yeah good idea for you to be texting some little yellow dicks so he thinks they're Chinese hackers.
    You make absolutely no sense.

Uh, what?
    You make absolutely no sense.
    tell me you didn't sell the family heirloom dick pics

Tuesday, you're getting creepy.

Thread Information