Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Mission146 appreciation Thread! :D

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    "Optics/ front the money on the quiet."
    That sports tout thinking.

The right thing to do... WAS to let everyone know there was an issue with the payment of funds from a member of the forum. Not to hide and cover it up. People should know if someone owes money and isn't paying it on time. Covering somthing up isn't good for the reputation of the forum.

The name of the forum is "Wizard of Vegas." Shackleford has spent three decades being "The Wizard." Everything that happens is a direct reflection of him. There is no reputational differentiation, regardless of who owns/runs the forum. His reputation and the forum's reputation are what's at stake. I cannot believe he didn't just front the money. I don't even necessarily mean a "cover-up," because he could have said Mission's broke -- here's the money. Why wouldn't he do that?

Imagine "Bob Dietz's Integrity Sports" was sold to Playbook while keeping the name. Some Integrity Sports long-term writer/poster/advocate fronts a forum contest, then is too broke to pay the winners $1500. Would I step in and pay it? Absolutely. I'm not sure where the damage cut-off would be for me. I wouldn't front 20K, for example, but I might front 10K while keeping my public chastisement of the "Mission" filed until it was clear I was never getting paid.

Wizard is responsible for advocating and allowing the contest in the first place. He could have required money be on file with him before allowing it to go forward.

And Axelwolf -- keep the "tout" cracks to yourself. I can honestly say that in 45 years of doing this, no one who has worked with me or been a client has publicly referred to me as a "tout." Not once. Think about that. If you want an opinion of what kind of "tout" I am, I suggest emailing Marc Lawrence Jr and quizzing him. But you won't.

I know I sound a little like MDawg, but your low-life know-it-all scumbag schtick gets old. In the Las Vegas gambling scheme of things, you're a heartbeat above nothing. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    “Know it all scumbag schtick?” Reminds me of you dietz. And I have to laugh at the biggest bozo on the VCT clown show contemplating that WoV looks like a circus.
    Yep, that's why I have lunches with the people I do, mickey. Everyone wants to feed the clown.

This is the post to which I was directed, which add up to about a thousand. What UnJon and others said is that all of this is out of pocket for M146.

Possibly MCrimm is only looking at the regular season totals and has not included the playoff game M146 also ran (and that is a total free roll where Mission puts up all the prizes).
    Last edited by MDawg; 05-15-2024 at 09:37 AM.
    I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people.

MDawg Adventures carry on at: https://www.truepassage.com/forums/f.../46-IPlayVegas

Is it possible that Mission felt harassed by DJ Chaps? I mean, DJ Chaps DID aggressively hound Mission for his cut of the money. I mean, if you owed your Friend say $1,000 in a bet and they came to your door aggressively knocking and saying something like,"Where's my FUCKING MONEY, YOU FUCKING WELCHER? " You probably wouldn't feel safe living in that house anymore and would be looking to move out as soon as possible, right? For all we know, Mission felt harassed by DJ Chaps hounding him for the $1,000 or whatever amount of money it was and fled all three Websites. :/
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Zk2WAFzDcrJ7pjNB7

Take comfort in the fact that no one is actually backing up his wishes to have you permanantly banned.

Smart is knowing a Tomato is a fruit.

Wise is knowing a Tomato doesn't belong in a fruit salad.

I am glad to get my full posting rights back! Thank you Dan!

Originally Posted by Tasha View Post
    You probably wouldn't feel safe living in that house anymore and would be looking to move out as soon as possible, right?
    I would move if the spiders were big enough.

Originally Posted by Don Perignom View Post
    You probably wouldn't feel safe living in that house anymore and would be looking to move out as soon as possible, right?
    I would move if the spiders were big enough.
    Hmm. I'd move too if I had 1,000 big spiders living in my house

Take comfort in the fact that no one is actually backing up his wishes to have you permanantly banned.

Is it possible that Mission felt harassed by DJ Chaps? I mean, DJ Chaps DID aggressively hound Mission for his cut of the money. I mean, if you owed your Friend say $1,000 in a bet and they came to your door aggressively knocking and saying something like,"Where's my FUCKING MONEY, YOU FUCKING WELCHER? " You probably wouldn't feel safe living in that house anymore and would be looking to move out as soon as possible, right? For all we know, Mission felt harassed by DJ Chaps hounding him for the $1,000 or whatever amount of money it was and fled all three Websites. :/

Definitely one of the all time greatest Family Guy scenes.

Hey Hound Dawg Man: just as you provided free legal advice and assistance to Tasha, so should you volunteer your services to the WoV contest winners to collect the money from Mission.

Start out with a testy demand letter: I'm sure that will rattle him to the core.

Follow it up with a telegram: Whoa, who gets telegrams any more?

Lastly, hire some layabouts to place a dead horse's head on Mission's bed.

He'll pay.

Name:  8q68af.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  97.9 KB
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by DGenBen View Post
    LMAO at the Brian and Stewie bet beat down clip. In Brian's defense, Mike Tyson vs Carol Channing was the OBVIOUS choice to bet Mike. She's an elderly lady and he's a Professional Boxer. I would have bet Mike Tyson too. As I write this, Family Guy could have had Mike Tyson forfeit right off the bat saying something like,"I'm not hitting some frail old lady. How bad would I look, a younger man, beating up a frail old lady? I'm out of here!" And left while the Referee declares Carol the Winner by forfeit and Brian looks horrified. The way it actually happened was funny however, Carol kept getting up even after Mike kept knocking her down,"Young man, you need to learn some manners!" Mike collapsed because Carol kept getting hit/knocked down and kept getting up, a real tough old lady who took down a Professional Boxer without even laying a hand on him! LMAO!

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    Hey Hound Dawg Man: just as you provided free legal advice and assistance to Tasha, so should you volunteer your services to the WoV contest winners to collect the money from Mission.

Start out with a testy demand letter: I'm sure that will rattle him to the core.

Follow it up with a telegram: Whoa, who gets telegrams any more?

Lastly, hire some layabouts to place a dead horse's head on Mission's bed.

He'll pay.
    Have you seen the autobiographical movie Angela's Ashes (1999) or read the book? In it Frank, an impoverished Irish yout, takes up a job for the local female shylock, an old lady to whom most of the shanty Irish neighborhood is indebted, writing letters putting the fear of God in them and inducing them to pay.

Frank writes these bullying letters to the shylock's debtors in return for a few shillings. He uses difficult and obscure words in the letters, which intimidate the debtors into paying. Some of the recipients of the letters are Frank’s friends and neighbors, and Angela his mother says that whoever is writing the letters should be boiled in oil, but Frank justifies his behavior to himself by thinking of how badly he wants to leave Ireland for America and needs the money.

Then one day when he comes to visit the old lady for another day's work, he finds her dead of natural causes, empties her purse, finds her money box and takes everything out of it and throws her ledger with the list of all who owe into the Irish sea.
    Last edited by MDawg; 05-15-2024 at 02:18 PM.
    I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people.

MDawg Adventures carry on at: https://www.truepassage.com/forums/f.../46-IPlayVegas

This thread was a REALLY bad idea in retrospect

Originally Posted by mcap View Post
    This thread was a REALLY bad idea in retrospect
    Ya think?

Bashing the dude in absentia, while knowing zero of the facts. Seems par for the course for VCT.
    Dan Druff: "there's no question that MDawg has been an obnoxious braggart, and has rubbed a ton of people the wrong way. There's something missing from his stories. Either they're fabricated, grossly exaggerated, or largely incomplete".

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    Bashing the dude in absentia, while knowing zero of the facts. Seems par for the course for VCT.
    Mission is welcome to come to VCT and explain.

Oh, the "facts" seem to be pretty clear.
    Last edited by MisterV; 05-15-2024 at 04:47 PM.
    What, Me Worry?

This thread was started to celebrate Mission 146.

So?

Most of your threads are about as welcome and useful as a piece of shit on a plow handle.
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    So?

Most of your threads are about as welcome and useful as a piece of shit on a plow handle.
    I only started ONE completely STUPID thread that was ragged and dragged so hard and even I admitted it was a STUPID thread.

People like V do stuff like go to pro Palestine protests just for shits and giggles

People like V do stuff like go to pro Palestine protests just for shits and giggles
    Back when the Proud Boys and Antifa were going at it hammer and tong here in stumptown, my buddy and I attended BOTH of their rallies on the same day.

What a hoot, watching those jerk-offs get all worked up over nothing.

As for the Palestinians...fuck em; they're the untouchables of the Arab world.
    What, Me Worry?

And, exchange episodes in the "They got up, shit, shaved, ate, farted around, and, then, chilled before going to bed." thread.

Sometimes watching a voyeur is more fun. Ha.
    Every one /everyone knows it all; yet, no thing /nothing is truly known by any one /anyone. Similarly, the suckers think that they win, but, the house always wins, unless to hand out an even worse beating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsa6ojQcYXQ

Garnabby + OppsIdidItAgain + ThomasClines (or TomasHClines) + The Grim Reaper + LMR + OneHitWonder (or 1HitWonder, 1Hit1der) + Bill Yung ---> GOTTLOB1, or GOTTLOB = Praise to God!

Blog at https://garnabby.blogspot.com/

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    Ya think?
    Originally Posted by PunkCity
    You would have to be THE nastiest piece of work on this forum.

You constantly backpedal, you constantly troll, you are constantly long-windedly posting dross about the same UNVERIFIED gaming YOU accuse others of here on this forum.

Thread Information