Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Electronic Blackjack - hit after doubling down.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Uh-oh.....get ready for another pile of adjustments to kew's fable!
    Just shut the fuck up, you ancient old troll.

If ALL you have left is to troll, then just go ahead and kick the bucket. You won't be missed.
    Dan Druff: "there's no question that MDawg has been an obnoxious braggart, and has rubbed a ton of people the wrong way. There's something missing from his stories. Either they're fabricated, grossly exaggerated, or largely incomplete".

I have heard from a second person who claims he played this game just this week. If that is really the case, I may have been pre-mature in discussing this play. I also may very well have been wrong about the number of placements. I always thought it may be more than the list I had. So accountinQuestion, you asked where you might still find it. California might be your answer. But because I know a "fix" is circulating it definitely will be completely dead shortly.
    Dan Druff: "there's no question that MDawg has been an obnoxious braggart, and has rubbed a ton of people the wrong way. There's something missing from his stories. Either they're fabricated, grossly exaggerated, or largely incomplete".

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    This was NOT one of the, what I will call Dealer's Angel's clones, or more modern dealer Angel type games in which there was 5 seats and player working off one large screen, and all players would win or lose depending on how the dealer's hand played out.

Instead, each seat and player had their own smaller screen. However the 3 or 4 stations (I saw about both number evenly) were configured with the screens back to back in a triangle or diamond configuration. I thought this odd because the screens back to back configuration actually takes up more floor space than if 3 or 4 stations were just placed next to each other. But there is probably a reason for this configuration, since every location had this (either the 3 triangle or 4 diamond layout/configuration).

I have seen individual games like mickeycrimm mentioned that the player really controlled the speed and you could get in several hundred rounds an hour ifdesired. Unfortunately this was not that. There was a timer that ran down between rounds, which contributed to the slow game speed, but unlike the 5 seat, 1 large screen games, it did not count down from 15 or 20 seconds. It was 5 seconds. This was still one of the aspects that contributed to the slower speed of the game.
    Wait a second...this machine *requires* you to act in 5 seconds?

I can't imagine that goes over well with the recreational players.

Also a 5s pause, while it definitely makes it impossible to reach IGT level hands per hour, does not seem to be consistent with only getting 100 hands per hour.

Let's assign 3 seconds for the deal, and 3 seconds to make all of your decisions in the hand, 2 seconds left on the timer, and 3 seconds for the resolution.

That's 11 seconds per hand or 327 hands per hour. Of course you can play around with those times and get a different figure. Just my first stab at it.

Originally Posted by smurgerburger View Post

Wait a second...this machine *requires* you to act in 5 seconds?

I can't imagine that goes over well with the recreational players.

Also a 5s pause, while it definitely makes it impossible to reach IGT level hands per hour, does not seem to be consistent with only getting 100 hands per hour.

Let's assign 3 seconds for the deal, and 3 seconds to make all of your decisions in the hand, 2 seconds left on the timer, and 3 seconds for the resolution.

That's 11 seconds per hand or 327 hands per hour. Of course you can play around with those times and get a different figure. Just my first stab at it.
    See, I didn't say any of the conclusions that you just jumped to or speculated about.

Their is a final 5 second countdown. But that is not the entire time between hands, just the final countdown. BUT, this raises a question, that I hadn't thought of and don't have an answer for. What happens if you don't place your bet within that countdown time? It is not like the next round is going on without you, since it is one player, one screen. Is that countdown just for show to try to nudge the player to play at the minimum speed they want? I don't know. Nor care at this point.

Additionally, I said the countdown contributed to the slow speed of the game. It wasn't the only factor. Overall, the game and speed were let's say, very deliberate, meaning just not a quick pace.

The exception being that split or fraction of a second between when your double down card is revealed and the hand actually totaled, where you can hit or double again. BUT that, slight pause, which is what this play is based on, is not intentional. That is a software glitch or mistake. It almost seems like the computer is adding up the totals, your first 2 cards and the double down card in that split fraction of a second. But I know that is not the way it works. That is just what it seems like.

I have heard from a second person who claims he played this game just this week. California might be your answer.
    California is his Go To fictional AP that appears occasionally (only in UNKewlJ's mind, never in the flesh) to state that he has heard about things that UNKewlJ has done or has happened to him.

California was where the fictional AP came from who had heard of UNKewlJ's fictional backrooming incident too.

Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    There is a clear trend that has developed now. All of KewlJ's implied associates are turning out to be other invented characters in his years of lies. ...RIP
    I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people.

MDawg Adventures carry on at: https://www.truepassage.com/forums/f.../46-IPlayVegas

Actually, in thinking about it, I think that 5 second countdown was between the time the player received the first 2 cards counting down the time to act on the hand, not to start the hand. And I guess if the player doesn't act, then they automatically stand. That doesn't seem fair, but in thinking about it, I think that is where the 5 second countdown was. My mistake.

Anyway it contributes to the slower speed, but isn't the only factor. Most of the game is just rather deliberate.

Originally Posted by MDawg View Post
    I have heard from a second person who claims he played this game just this week. California might be your answer.
    California is his Go To fictional AP that appears occasionally (only in UNKewlJ's mind, never in the flesh) to state that he has heard about things that UNKewlJ has done or has happened to him.

California was where the fictional AP came from who had heard of UNKewlJ's fictional backrooming incident too.

There is a clear trend that has developed now. All of KewlJ's implied associates are turning out to be other invented characters in his years of lies. ...RIP
    Wrong fake attorney, fake winning gambler, "Poop of Las Vegas".

The two players that contacted me about this game are players I have never communicated with before that I know of. Nor do I know if they are AP's or just regular players that happened to play this game. It doesn't sound like they were going out of their way to play it daily and hit it hard.

What is the population of California? 30 million? 10% of the US? Imagine two players playing this game out of 30 million. Say it isn't so, you hairy camel fucker.

Actually, in thinking about it, I think that 5 second countdown was between the time the player received the first 2 cards counting down the time to act on the hand, not to start the hand. And I guess if the player doesn't act, then they automatically stand. That doesn't seem fair, but in thinking about it, I think that is where the 5 second countdown was. My mistake.

Anyway it contributes to the slower speed, but isn't the only factor. Most of the game is just rather deliberate.

I think whoever designed this game should have given players more than 5 seconds to act.

Perhaps frustrated complaints from players timing out is one of the reasons there are few installations of this game.

You are not reading very well smurgerburger? Is that intentional?

I said the countdown timer was counting down the Final 5 seconds.

You are not reading very well smurgerburger? Is that intentional?

I said the countdown timer was counting down the Final 5 seconds.
    By "counting down the time to start the hand", you meant "counting down the remaining time to act"?

So you wait however long the game allows (typically 60s I think), and then at 55s it gives you a 5 second timer?

And you mistakenly thought, before reflecting upon it further, that this meant the whole period (60s in my guess) was actually only 5 seconds?

Or do I still misunderstand?

I don't know what the total time to act is. But it definitely isn't 60 seconds. Not even 30 seconds. Maybe 10 or 15. I don't know. Didnt really pay attention to that.

I don't know what the total time to act is. But it definitely isn't 60 seconds. Not even 30 seconds. Maybe 10 or 15. I don't know. Didnt really pay attention to that.
    I have not played much BJ on these but the games I have played all have a 60s timer, I think, which can be accelerated by hitting a button to end the turn when you're ready.

60 seconds might seem risible compared to live games, but then when you consider how much time they give you to act at VP or slots (unlimited) it seems less so.

The two players that contacted me about this game are players I have never communicated with before that I know of. Nor do I know if they are AP's or just regular players that happened to play this game. It doesn't sound like they were going out of their way to play it daily and hit it hard.
    It is...astonishing that she argues such a point, as if the "form" that these fictionalized people have taken in her mind matters, to us.

In that all of these "players" or "APs" who commune (like ghosts of the dead) with UNKewlJ are fictional, what does it matter if she claims that they are ghosts of the past, present or future?

KJ is different because (1) I initially believed him, more or less, and (2) he is imo a complete fraud. I don't mean a liar, I mean a complete fraud, like catfish style. And that is not something you see every day and is really kind of fascinating.
    It's really just the fact that UNKewlJ, as he gets more cornered in a lie, comes up with these fictional "backers," that shows what a compulsive liar he is - that he has to make up more lies to back up the initial lie, he can't just let his fable stand on its own.

Originally Posted by MDawg
    This is why MickeyCrimm said: He'd rather climb to the top of a tree just to tell a lie than stand on the ground and tell the truth.

UNKewlJ follows a regular pattern of spouting nonsense and then when challenged trying to back it up with unverifiable hearsay. Individually they don't mean as much as collectively. Collectively this draws into question his entire projected persona and existence.
    Last edited by MDawg; 05-23-2024 at 07:32 PM.
    I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people.

MDawg Adventures carry on at: https://www.truepassage.com/forums/f.../46-IPlayVegas

Mickeycrimm has now mentioned several times the recent influx of newer electronic blackjack games. I have to say, I have sort of noticed this, including more stadium type games, but haven't paid much attention to it before this situation.

But now thinking about it, I think this is an effort to move the lower limit players from felt tables to electronic type games, cutting out expenses like dealers and pit ECT. The stadium type games still need a dealer but it can be as much as 1 dealer for 50 players. The electronic games like being talked about here, need no dealer, but presumably more techs and support.

I think this general move to push lower limit players started before covid, but certainly picked up post covid. That is why all these new games. Anyway, worth keeping an eye out for opportunities.

I have not played much BJ on these but the games I have played all have a 60s timer,
    60 seconds! OMG. I couldn't play that for more than 2-3 rounds.

60 seconds is 60 rounds an hour. You can get that at a completely full felt blackjack table with a slow dealer and players making side bets. Any electronic game set to 60 seconds is throwing away money.

Always the same UNKewl pattern:

1. Post some nonsense.

2. Is challenged.

3. Fictionalizes about someone or other who
    -wrote to him about it
    -did the same play
    -is aware that UNKewlJ did whatever it is UNKewlJ is claiming he did
    -was seen doing the same play.

It's never enough that he did something, he has to also create some lies surrounding corroboration (that always center around unnamed, unknown, never to be revealed players in his fable).

I have not played much BJ on these but the games I have played all have a 60s timer,
    60 seconds! OMG. I couldn't play that for more than 2-3 rounds.

60 seconds is 60 rounds an hour. You can get that at a completely full felt blackjack table with a slow dealer and players making side bets. Any electronic game set to 60 seconds is throwing away money.
    60s permitted, not required.

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Feel free to link to the post in this thread where you mention re-doubling before I did in my last post before this one.
    That would be in the very first post that started this thread.

The way it worked is that after doubling down, and drawing a double down card, the "hit, stand, double down" options, lit up again, for a quick second, or more like partial second. If you acted quickly, you could hit and the extra card would be added.
    I apologize if this wasn't clear to you.
    You never state that you redouble prior to my first mention of it, which to me at least is very strange. You mention the choices that the player has prior to this.
    Last edited by tableplay; 05-24-2024 at 01:09 AM.

Originally Posted by coach belly View Post

That would be in the very first post that started this thread.

The way it worked is that after doubling down, and drawing a double down card, the "hit, stand, double down" options, lit up again, for a quick second, or more like partial second. If you acted quickly, you could hit and the extra card would be added.
    I apologize if this wasn't clear to you.
    Did you ever re-double?

From your original post, it's not clear that you did.

You didn't mention that you did.
    Coach Belly, the ability to get at least 4 times your money in (via double downing a 2nd time) when you have a 10 or 11 versus a dealer upcard of 4,5, or 6 creates a significant edge for the player. Prior to my asking KewlJ why he does not mention taking the action to re-double, KewlJ only mentions that he takes the action of hitting after the 1st conventional double down, if he takes any action at all. Thereafter, an attempt at conflation occurs, where the mentioning that one of the options briefly presented to the player during the glitch is for a 2nd double down is conflated with performing the action of re-doubling (doubling down a 2nd time) itself.

Mickeycrimm has now mentioned several times the recent influx of newer electronic blackjack games. I have to say, I have sort of noticed this, including more stadium type games, but haven't paid much attention to it before this situation.

But now thinking about it, I think this is an effort to move the lower limit players from felt tables to electronic type games, cutting out expenses like dealers and pit ECT. The stadium type games still need a dealer but it can be as much as 1 dealer for 50 players. The electronic games like being talked about here, need no dealer, but presumably more techs and support.

I think this general move to push lower limit players started before covid, but certainly picked up post covid. That is why all these new games. Anyway, worth keeping an eye out for opportunities.
    And therein lies the problem as to why you have this ridiculous burning desire to keep on trying to impress and stay relevant with your various fabricated stories just as you begin to fade away....KEW STARTS THINKING!

How about a picture of that oily surfboard kew---with baby bro trying to hold it on a S. Cal beach!

Thread Information