Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Electronic Blackjack - hit after doubling down.

Originally Posted by DGenBen View Post
    Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    Forget the naysayers, KJ: it's just a communal circle jerk.

SS,DD.
    Speaking of circle jerks, recently MDawg mentioned the film & book Angela’s ashes.

Saw the film many years ago & was I think the most depressing film I’ve ever watched.

When MDawg mentioned the movie recently the first thing that popped into my mind (unfortunately) was an actual circle jerk scene they had in this movie.

Yuck!!!!

There was also a scene if I recall, of a drunk passing out into a bucket full of piss.

Not the most pleasant movie out there to say the least.
    Another off one I watched recently, The Lighthouse (2019) with Willem Dafoe. Somehow I felt like Dafoe was miscast but Robert Pattinson surprisingly (never considered him a serious actor before) did a good job as the other lighthouse keeper. Set in the 1890s, filmed in 35mm black and white film, and injected with a couple of Greek myths (Proteus - an ever changing sea god, and Prometheus - who defies the Greek gods by stealing fire from them, and is punished eternally by having Zeus in the form of an eagle keep eating his liver (that grows back every night) while bound to a rock). Also the myth any sailor knows of that it's bad luck to kill a seabird. Yes all that bizarreness and more, in this one, including no circle jerk but some jerking off too, presented fairly grotesquely.

One of those movies where it's unclear what happened and what didn't by the end. A sort of a Hateful Eight (2015) meets Once Upon a Time in the West
    (1968) with Mulholland Drive (2001) as the backdrop.

It does get its point across, whatever that point might be, by the end though in a twisted Gothic revisionist horror movie sort of way.
    Last edited by MDawg; 05-24-2024 at 07:04 AM.
    I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people.

MDawg Adventures carry on at: https://www.truepassage.com/forums/f.../46-IPlayVegas

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    the ability to get at least 4 times your money in (via double downing a 2nd time) when you have a 10 or 11 versus a dealer upcard of 4,5, or 6 creates a significant edge for the player. Prior to my asking KewlJ why he does not mention taking the action to re-double
    I'm following you completely.

If doubling-down after 2 cards is to the player's advantage, and taking a 4th card after a double-down is a bigger advantage, then the ability to re-double on your 3-card hand must be the biggest advantage in this entire play.

Yet he never mentioned that he or his brother (with a combined total of 628 hours played) ever re-doubled.

So, he's obviously full of shit about the whole thing.

Buncha haters. Gonna chase kewl off.

I see he has the hunger now. I have little doubt kewl isn't going to start going on the road and proving all the haters wrong.

Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
    Originally Posted by MDawg View Post
    AccountInQuestion, no offense but - you really do have a sort of love hate thing for UNKewlJ, eh? I'm sure it comes from feeling sorry for the poor bastard, but still, that's very noble of you to have any kind thoughts for the
    Originally Posted by mdawg
    thieving lying low down no good varmint.
    Kewl is like the background radiation in the Chernobyl area. Constantly adding a level of toxicity but very much ignorable if you choose. Without his essence - this forum would not be what it currently is but it would still be just fine.

It isn't that Kewl adds much or defines the character of this board but he keeps things going. That is true.

I definitely don't love him or hate him. He would be a fascinating person to watch on something like Soft White Underbelly. Seeing him out of character explaining what led him to be Kewl. Ultimately he is harmless as rationally you have to stop taking him as a serious person. I still make tunnel jokes because it is so funny and as harmless as it gets. He will have to deal. I've picked him apart enough otherwise. If he doesn't drag me into his crap then I let him be.

Usually his math adds up and life is all about the math. Right?? Right !?!?!?

One can figure him out enough to just let him be. He isn't going to give up. This whole thing is super important to him.

At some point if there is nothing to prove and no funny then I am being the bully like others have suggested. I wish the guy the best. I'm sure hes had a hard go of it. shrug
    What's this love hate thing for UNKewlJ?

You've made death threats, used racist slurs towards others, threatened to have the news (lol) come after Druff. They are all indicative of you being worse than a pathological liar. There is little sympathy from me.
    Don't worry about him, he is, virtually anyway, a cockroach. No matter how badly he's outed for his compulsive lies, no matter how many times he resigns the forums in shame vowing never to return, he always crawls back through the toilet sewers (underground, Vegas), to resume posting.

He may be fragile and weak in real life, but online he puts up a decent fight.
    I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people.

MDawg Adventures carry on at: https://www.truepassage.com/forums/f.../46-IPlayVegas

AccountInQuestion, no offense but - you really do have a sort of love hate thing for UNKewlJ, eh? I'm sure it comes from feeling sorry for the poor bastard, but still, that's very noble of you to have any kind thoughts for the
    Kewl is like the background radiation in the Chernobyl area. Constantly adding a level of toxicity but very much ignorable if you choose. Without his essence - this forum would not be what it currently is but it would still be just fine.

It isn't that Kewl adds much or defines the character of this board but he keeps things going. That is true.

I definitely don't love him or hate him. He would be a fascinating person to watch on something like Soft White Underbelly. Seeing him out of character explaining what led him to be Kewl. Ultimately he is harmless as rationally you have to stop taking him as a serious person. I still make tunnel jokes because it is so funny and as harmless as it gets. He will have to deal. I've picked him apart enough otherwise. If he doesn't drag me into his crap then I let him be.

One can figure him out enough to just let him be. He isn't going to give up. This whole thing is super important to him.

At some point if there is nothing to prove and no funny then I am being the bully like others have suggested. I wish the guy the best. I'm sure hes had a hard go of it. shrug

You've made death threats, used racist slurs towards others, threatened to have the news (lol) come after Druff. They are all indicative of you being worse than a pathological liar. There is little sympathy from me.
    Don't worry about him, he is, virtually anyway, a cockroach. No matter how badly he's outed for his compulsive lies, no matter how many times he resigns the forums in shame vowing never to return, he always crawls back through the toilet sewers (underground, Vegas), to resume posting.

Look, I know what he is saying MIGHT be bullshit. Still, it is also likely to be true. Kewl is very dialed in. He knows a lot of the angles.

This forum is dead. It needs him. I want him to go off and find new edges and report back. Thats all.

You could also reveal your magic.

Look, I know what he is saying MIGHT be bullshit. Still, it is also likely to be true. Kewl is very dialed in. He knows a lot of the angles.

This forum is dead. It needs him. I want him to go off and find new edges and report back. Thats all.

You could also reveal your magic.
    Once kew's exasperated all hope on his latest hoax, it won't be a long wait for his next one. The backrooming BS, the shufflemaster nonsense, the phony trip to the beach with fake baby bro and the greasy board, and now this bj glitch that he just HAD to present since he's been so envious of what I did.

There's no need to wonder about his story AQ. Just have him provide evidence that he "traveled the country" according to his claimed schedule, or submit video proof that he played one of these glitched machines. I mean, it's certainly better than the little twit constantly adjusting his story every time someone smarter than him brings up inconsistencies!

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    and the greasy board,

https://tubitv.com/movies/548886/new...SAAEgLc5PD_BwE

Newcastle. A movie about surfing that takes place in Australia. You don't have to watch the whole movie. Just the opening credits. Can one of you geniuses, please explain what the guy is doing at the 1:10 mark (while the opening credits are rolling) of the movie after a long day of surfing? Cause it sure looks like he is wiping oil into his surfboard. But you assholes would know better than me.
    Last edited by kewlJ; 05-24-2024 at 04:14 PM.
    Dan Druff: "there's no question that MDawg has been an obnoxious braggart, and has rubbed a ton of people the wrong way. There's something missing from his stories. Either they're fabricated, grossly exaggerated, or largely incomplete".

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    and the greasy board,

https://tubitv.com/movies/548886/new...SAAEgLc5PD_BwE

Newcastle. A movie about surfing that takes place in Australia. You don't have to watch the whole movie. Just the opening credits. Can one of you geniuses, please explain what the guy is doing at the 1:10 mark (while the opening credits are rolling) of the movie after a long day of surfing? Cause it sure looks like he is wiping oil into his surfboard. But you assholes would know better than me.
    What an idiot. Someone in Australia did it.
    How about in LV!!?

I have to say the substance on the board appears to be oil far moreso than wax. Kewl coming back with a vengeance on deez fools.

I have to say the substance on the board appears to be oil far moreso than wax. Kewl coming back with a vengeance on deez fools.
    Oil isn't instead of wax. They serve different purposes.

But the only thing greasy on thus forum is that Italian African Rob Argentino
    Dan Druff: "there's no question that MDawg has been an obnoxious braggart, and has rubbed a ton of people the wrong way. There's something missing from his stories. Either they're fabricated, grossly exaggerated, or largely incomplete".

Oil isn't instead of wax. They serve different purposes.

But the only thing greasy on thus forum is that Italian African Rob Argentino

I didn't say it was instead of wax???

Just that it would be hard to argue it is wax instead of oil.

Don't make this harder than it is....

Don't make this harder than it is....
    Name:  07ecced79b94faf81c9563e4a39335d0_w200.gif
Views: 89
Size:  26.4 KB

Originally Posted by DGenBen View Post
    Forget the naysayers, KJ: it's just a communal circle jerk.

SS,DD.
    Speaking of circle jerks, recently MDawg mentioned the film & book Angela’s ashes.

Saw the film many years ago & was I think the most depressing film I’ve ever watched.

When MDawg mentioned the movie recently the first thing that popped into my mind (unfortunately) was an actual circle jerk scene they had in this movie.

Yuck!!!!

There was also a scene if I recall, of a drunk passing out into a bucket full of piss.

Not the most pleasant movie out there to say the least.
    Another off one I watched recently, The Lighthouse (2019) with Willem Dafoe. Somehow I felt like Dafoe was miscast but Robert Pattinson surprisingly (never considered him a serious actor before) did a good job as the other lighthouse keeper. Set in the 1890s, filmed in 35mm black and white film, and injected with a couple of Greek myths (Proteus - an ever changing sea god, and Prometheus - who defies the Greek gods by stealing fire from them, and is punished eternally by having Zeus in the form of an eagle keep eating his liver (that grows back every night) while bound to a rock). Also the myth any sailor knows of that it's bad luck to kill a seabird. Yes all that bizarreness and more, in this one, including no circle jerk but some jerking off too, presented fairly grotesquely.

One of those movies where it's unclear what happened and what didn't by the end. A sort of a Hateful Eight (2015) meets Once Upon a Time in the West
    (1968) with Mulholland Drive (2001) as the backdrop.

It does get its point across, whatever that point might be, by the end though in a twisted Gothic revisionist horror movie sort of way.
    I watched the Lighthouse too awhile back. A strange movie but enjoyable probably because it was so different.

Interesting because I thought Dafoe was perfectly cast. I thought he came across exactly how a salty lighthouse keeper in 1890 might have come across.

Christian Bale could have probably also done well in the role too.

There was just something about that Dafoe seemed like he was forcing it. I mean he has done uncouth parts before but not quite like this one.

Not that Pattinson was a shoe in, it was obviously a strain for him at times too.

The fact that UNKewlJ just found this obscure video of a surfboard, which incidentally was after the surfing not before - no one would oil a surfboard and hit the waves, just reaffirms that it's all about Studying Up and then coming back to the forum to pretend like he knows and has done something.

Somehow, he hit the Google mark for oiling or what he misinterpreted as oiling, last year, and came back with that, and now he's stuck. He's obviously never surfed in his life, just wants people to think that he has. Pretend - just like most everything else to do with him.
    Last edited by MDawg; 05-24-2024 at 06:09 PM.

It's hot wax, that's how you apply hot wax to a fiberglass or epoxy board.

Oil is used to seal wood boards from moisture.

Modern boards don't need oil, they are already sealed by virtue of their composition.

Originally Posted by coach belly View Post
    Yes: tung oil is the best way to go.

Tung oil hardens upon exposure to air (through polymerization), and the resulting coating is transparent and has a deep, almost wet look.
    What, Me Worry?

tung oil is the best way to go.
    I've heard of tongue oil used socially...in vino veritas.

Originally Posted by coach belly View Post
    It's hot wax, that's how you apply hot wax to a fiberglass or epoxy board.

Modern boards don't need oil, they are already sealed by virtue of their composition.
    Even better, and more proof that UNKewlJ doesn't know what she is talking about.

Somehow, he hit the Google mark for oiling or what he misinterpreted as oiling, last year, and came back with that, and now he's stuck. He's obviously never surfed in his life, just wants people to think that he has. Pretend - just like most everything else to do with him.

You apply oil and let it soak in overnight. It helps keep the board from drying out and cracking. Which happens to be exactly what I said last year. The trolls, most of whom I sure never surfed a minute in their lifes started trolling about something they knew nothing about. I didn't fight it to hard because for me, my surfing days were 25+ years ago when I was 14-17. A couple weeks ago, while on the road, I started watching this movie one night, and decided the next time one of the trolls said something I would post it. Doesn't matter....trolls are low lifes and don't/won't admit when they are wrong.

Surfboard oils and waxes are available in every surf shop. Back in my day, most oils were made with or contained coconut oil. I don't think there was anything special about coconut oil, other than it made the consistency of the oil a little thicker (about the consistency of sun tan lotion) which made the application better. I had a couple friends that would just use regular vegetable oil and claimed it worked just as well.

You apply a coating of oil and really let it soak in for several hours. This keeps the board from drying out and cracking. Then you apply a coat or several thin coats of surfboard wax. The wax locks the oils in, but that is not the main purpose. The wax actually provides a better grip or traction. I know it sounds like it would be the opposite, but it isn't.

You really should strip off the wax and re-apply oil and wax ever 6 weeks or so. But a lot of guys get lazy and just apply more wax when the board starts to become slippery.

Thread Information