Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Biden-Pocalypse

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post

With regards to your 35-1 odds, just curious in June of 2020 what odds you would have given that an Indian Woman with a Black father and Jewish husband, would become the VP pick?
    there's a great big difference
    Joe Biden is a white Christian male
    his pick wasn't a double down

the foolish sayings of a rich man often pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him

Originally Posted by Half Smoke View Post

I am confused as to how Harris picking Shapiro would be "doubling down"?

If she picked another woman like Witmer, THAT would be doubling down.

If she picked another minority black person, male or female, THAT would be doubling down.

But Harris an Indian/black woman, who was raised both Baptist (isn't that Christian) and Hindu, but as an adult described her religion as Baptist and was sworn in both the Senate and Vp using a "family Bible", picking a jewish man....how is that doubling down?

Are you suggesting she is not Christian?
    Dan Druff: "there's no question that MDawg has been an obnoxious braggart, and has rubbed a ton of people the wrong way. There's something missing from his stories. Either they're fabricated, grossly exaggerated, or largely incomplete".

If she picked another minority black person, male or female, THAT would be doubling down.

But Harris an Indian/black woman, who was raised both Baptist (isn't that Christian) and Hindu, but as an adult described her religion as Baptist and was sworn in both the Senate and Vp using a "family Bible", picking a jewish man....how is that doubling down?

come on Man - I'm getting tired - this post will be the last from me on the subject - you get the last word

she would be doubling down because it would be that both the Presidential Candidate and the Vice Presidential Candidate are not from the mainstream which is what much of the public is comfortable with

the mainstream - white Christian males

one out of the two out of the mainstream is okay - but both out of the mainstream - no way - not right now

it's quite amazing to me that you have such belief in the wonderful humanity and openness to change of human beings when you take so much shit here because of your choices

do you think it was just a coincidence that Obama chose a white Christian male to be his VP___________?

or maybe you would like to think that we've come a very long way since 2008

Edit - actually what I think it is KJ, is that I clearly showed you that you were wrong - and you don't like to be shown that you're wrong - you're very proud -

it's okay - we're still good - no problem at all_______________-

Last edited by Half Smoke; 07-23-2024 at 04:34 PM.
    the foolish sayings of a rich man often pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him

I thought You quit VCT?
    Was that not the point of your "THE END" thread?

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    It might be asking a bit much to have a ticket with a black/Asian woman and a Jew.

Whatever, Trump has a feisty opponent in Kamala: I just watched the opening of her first rally and she was actually pretty damned impressive.

Can't wait to watch the two of them debate: it will go a lot different this time: she'll kick the old fart's butt to the curb!

"Kamala is BRAT"
    In a debate she will kackle Trump to death.
    Challenge to redietz. We bet every NFL regular season game. You make the picks. If you lay the fav I get 2 extra points. If you take the dog I get a 2 point discount. Easy pickings for you.

In 1789 the founding fathers had to get 13 colonies agree to a constitution. Popular vote would mean Virginia and New York would dominate the new country. The smaller colonies would not agree to such domination so would not join the Union. So a house based on population and a senate where each state has two votes was the compromise. The electoral college is 538 votes, the exact number of members of Congress.

This insures the minority has a voice. It's the same today and it will never change since it would take 38 states to ratify a change. So forget it and move on to other things.
    Challenge to redietz. We bet every NFL regular season game. You make the picks. If you lay the fav I get 2 extra points. If you take the dog I get a 2 point discount. Easy pickings for you.

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    In 1789 the founding fathers had to get 13 colonies agree to a constitution. Popular vote would mean Virginia and New York would dominate the new country. The smaller colonies would not agree to such domination so would not join the Union. So a house based on population and a senate where each state has two votes was the compromise. The electoral college is 538 votes, the exact number of members of Congress.

This insures the minority has a voice. It's the same today and it will never change since it would take 38 states to ratify a change. So forget it and move on to other things.
    This is all well and good mickeycrimm. I like that we have two separate houses, one that yields a little more power to the small states or populations. I think that is fair.

But the electoral college is something different. I get that the number is derived from the combination number of house and senate representative. But here is the thing. Doesn't the term democracy have some relationship to majority, when picking a leader?

We have now had 2 elections in the last 6 that the person that received the most votes did not win? And a third in 2020, that despite a pretty overwhelming majority of 7 million, the election was only a few thousnad votes from doing so.

So is that really democracy? The person will the most votes routinely doesn't win now? It reminds me of South Africa where a very minority group managed to cling to power for much longer than they should have.

Now you are correct that the remedy, 38 states is not going to happen. especially in this climate. But mark my words, there will be a point that it flows the other way. the Democrats will narrowly win a few large states and all those electoral votes, while the Republicans win more widely win many more states and the popular vote, but lose the electoral college. If Texas ever flips blue as predicted (for a while now), watch out. this scenario becomes likely.

But guess what, it still wont get fixed because then the democrats won't want to. In the meantime we have election after election that a very small number of people in about 6-7 mostly small-ish states decide the election. 90% of the people in this country, inclduing yourself in Montana, really don't need to bother voting. It isn't going to mean anything. the only votes that count are Joe Smoe and Nancy smith, in Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.
    Dan Druff: "there's no question that MDawg has been an obnoxious braggart, and has rubbed a ton of people the wrong way. There's something missing from his stories. Either they're fabricated, grossly exaggerated, or largely incomplete".

Social security cola and inflation:

To hear the republicans talk, inflation is through the roof. That is one of their talking points vs Biden and now Harris. So I figured all you good folks on SS on this forum would be getting a healthy "bump" (cola) come January.

But just saw on the news that the SS cola projection is between 2.4 and 2.6%, as there is still a couple months until an exact projection.

2.4-2.6% vs "through the roof". Seems like somebody isn't telling the truth!!

Now speaking of S.S., I just have figured for a long time that I will never see a dime. I am making my own arrangements for retirement, which don't include mooching off anyone. But last year, my financial guy informed me that at age 50, I am eligible to collect 100% of my late spouse's social security. Normally it is 60, but if the person was disabled it is 50 for some reason.

I haven't really looked into it, but the funny thing is, the timing looks like I might be eleigible just about the time SS is due to run dry.

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

This is all well and good mickeycrimm. I like that we have two separate houses, one that yields a little more power to the small states or populations. I think that is fair.

But the electoral college is something different. I get that the number is derived from the combination number of house and senate representative. But here is the thing. Doesn't the term democracy have some relationship to majority, when picking a leader?

We have now had 2 elections in the last 6 that the person that received the most votes did not win? And a third in 2020, that despite a pretty overwhelming majority of 7 million, the election was only a few thousnad votes from doing so.

So is that really democracy? The person will the most votes routinely doesn't win now? It reminds me of South Africa where a very minority group managed to cling to power for much longer than they should have.

Now you are correct that the remedy, 38 states is not going to happen. especially in this climate. But mark my words, there will be a point that it flows the other way. the Democrats will narrowly win a few large states and all those electoral votes, while the Republicans win more widely win many more states and the popular vote, but lose the electoral college. If Texas ever flips blue as predicted (for a while now), watch out. this scenario becomes likely.

But guess what, it still wont get fixed because then the democrats won't want to. In the meantime we have election after election that a very small number of people in about 6-7 mostly small-ish states decide the election. 90% of the people in this country, inclduing yourself in Montana, really don't need to bother voting. It isn't going to mean anything. the only votes that count are Joe Smoe and Nancy smith, in Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.
    The founding fathers deliberately avoided setting up a democracy and went with a constitutional republic. You need to remove the word democracy from your vocabulary. It does not apply to the United States.

Presidential elections are decided by all 50 states. Remove cali or ny from Biden’s electoral count and he would have lost.

Social security cola and inflation:

To hear the republicans talk, inflation is through the roof. That is one of their talking points vs Biden and now Harris. So I figured all you good folks on SS on this forum would be getting a healthy "bump" (cola) come January.

But just saw on the news that the SS cola projection is between 2.4 and 2.6%, as there is still a couple months until an exact projection.

2.4-2.6% vs "through the roof". Seems like somebody isn't telling the truth!!

Now speaking of S.S., I just have figured for a long time that I will never see a dime. I am making my own arrangements for retirement, which don't include mooching off anyone. But last year, my financial guy informed me that at age 50, I am eligible to collect 100% of my late spouse's social security. Normally it is 60, but if the person was disabled it is 50 for some reason.

I haven't really looked into it, but the funny thing is, the timing looks like I might be eleigible just about the time SS is due to run dry.
    Impossible for SS to run dry as long as people pay into it. Only cuts can be made but there will be a political fix. To big a voting bloc.

Prices are up 25% since 2021. The widget cost $100 in 2021. It’s $125 in 2024. And still going up at the current inflation rate of 3.5%. So by next year the widget will be $130.

There's a question to ponder when evaluating a woman's chance to become president: "Do I want to fuck her?"

If so, she's out; if not, she's eligible.
    What, Me Worry?

I was out last night having a few brewskys at a watering hole. Of course with the current news cycle, the topic of politics came up. One guy suggested that if Harris leaps Trump in the polls, which he believes is coming very shortly, Trump will dump JD Vance, who has been a disaster. I agreed as I have also been thinking that. Repubs already have a big problem and deficit with women voters. Started with the Dobbs decision. Trump being convicted of sexual assault only made that worse. And now Mr JD Vance for 10 days now has said one insulting thing and previously said theories and statements come to light every day. There just isn't enough white males to overcome the hole they are digging with women.

So yesterday, I was actually thinking of what woman Trump would replace Vance with. Of course Nicky Haley immediately comes to mind. But I don't think Trump would go there. (he probably should). He will not be able to bring himself to forgive her for things said this spring in the primaries and ask her for help on top of it. THAT is just not Trump.

The Margorie Tayler Green and Bobarts are a no go. They are just too crazy. The female Governor that wrote about shooting her dog is out. She was in the hunt for a long time, but shooting poor fido, sealed her fate. I was thinking about the Stephonic congress person from New York, but really outside of hard core political junkies, does anyone even know who the fuck she is?

So this guy at the bar came up with someone I hadn''t considered. Sarah Hucklebee Sanders. Now Governor of Arkansas. Interesting! Not sure she would do it though. I think her plan is to finsh her term as Govenor and then run for President in 2028. She rose to fame with Trump as his spokesman, but not sure she would want to go back and tie herself to him completely again.

Anyway we will see. Any kind of change like this would have to occur before August 7, after that, you wouldn't be allowed on Ohio ballot. And if Trumps VP wasn't on the ballot in Ohio, some might think big deal, but that could very well lead to a situation where Trump wins the presidency and the democratic VP wins the vice presidency, which I don't know has ever happened.

Gotta love this political election season. All kind of possibilities we haven't seen before.

UNKewlJ trying to act like he could ever just be one of the boys. He's been an outcast since his own family booted him right out! The most intimate interaction he could ever have with his fellow man would be a fistfight, which - that's right, he already did wind up with a shiner from one of his disgruntled Johns just the other week!

I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people.

MDawg Adventures carry on at: https://www.truepassage.com/forums/f.../46-IPlayVegas

Aww, that is so cute. You stalk me around hijackng every thread. Obsess much?

Trump won't pick Haley...not after the "betrayal" by Pence.

No, he needs a loyal lap dog, male or female, and he knows she'd always be waiting in the wings, ready to stab him in the back when the right moment arrives.

I don't see him picking a woman...unless he picks her up by the pussy.
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by pinchingyourballs View Post
    Trump dumping Vance now would give Harris's campaign too much material with which to shred Trump as flaky, indecisive, and incapable of surrounding himself with the right people.
    I agree with that to a point. BUT, they have to TRY to do something about this woman voter problem. It is getting to the point that their just aren't enough white male voter to offset the hole they are currently in.

Plus, Donald has a long history of throwing people around him under the bus, dating back long before he got into politics. he demands loyalty, but never returns it.

US Forecaster Who Predicted Trump's 2016 Victory Says Kamala Harris Will Win November Election

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/world...on/ar-BB1qRhC4

Originally Posted by MHF View Post
    US Forecaster Who Predicted Trump's 2016 Victory Says Kamala Harris Will Win November Election

Hard to argue with a guy that predicted 2 50/50 shots correctly in the past 8 years, but it’s funny the article left out that he predicted the 2000 election wrong & he predicted Trump would win the popular vote in 2016.

Originally Posted by DGenBen View Post
    Originally Posted by MHF View Post

Hard to argue with a guy that predicted 2 50/50 shots correctly in the past 8 years, but it’s funny the article left out that he predicted the 2000 election wrong & he predicted Trump would win the popular vote in 2016.
    The reason that I included a prediction by the anagrams with gematria, at https://vegascasinotalk.com/forum/sh...l=1#post181585 .

I guess that I must have thus known that someone would question it.

Thread Information