Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agree or Disagree? Green Day Frontman Says LV is Shithole, Radio Stations Retaliate

I don't care anything about these 3 girly-men that call themselves GreenDay and who all claim to be bi-sexual or homos--or about their awful gay music. In fact, the short-ass little wimp who made these comments reminds me of kew. But is he really wrong about LV?

If he's comparing it to Oakland, then there's no question: there is no bigger cesspool shithole than Oakland. But it seems the gimp is upset about "his Oakland A's" abandoning that dump and eventually moving to LV.

But is LV really the shithole he says it is? That depends where the comment's coming from and who's saying it. The place certainly has massive social problems, a lousy education system and poor healthcare. IE, I would never want to LIVE there. But if that stuff doesn't enter your equation, then the city does have its draws.

It seems odd an entertainer wouldn't like the place. But girly-men like Armstrong tend to be all over the map anyway.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    I don't care anything about these 3 girly-men that call themselves GreenDay and who all claim to be bi-sexual or homos--or about their awful gay music. In fact, the short-ass little wimp who made these comments reminds me of kew. But is he really wrong about LV?

If he's comparing it to Oakland, then there's no question: there is no bigger cesspool shithole than Oakland. But it seems the gimp is upset about "his Oakland A's" abandoning that dump and eventually moving to LV.

But is LV really the shithole he says it is? That depends where the comment's coming from and who's saying it. The place certainly has massive social problems, a lousy education system and poor healthcare. IE, I would never want to LIVE there. But if that stuff doesn't enter your equation, then the city does have its draws.

It seems odd an entertainer wouldn't like the place. But girly-men like Armstrong tend to be all over the map anyway.
    Lol our education system has educated Rob in knowing they're all gay. I didn't even know one was gay. I liked their stuff on their first album ... but thanks Robert.

Maybe Robert has been closeted all his life and that's why he tries to act all internet tough while reading girlly Rockstar mags in secret?

I don't care anything about these 3 girly-men that call themselves GreenDay and who all claim to be bi-sexual or homos--or about their awful gay music.
    What do you think of their opening act, The Linda Lindas?

They wrote a song about you: "Racist, Sexist Boy."

You hate gays, but how about an all-girl group of teens?

Got your misogynistic age-discrimination finely honed too?

Last edited by MisterV; 10-01-2024 at 10:33 AM.
    What, Me Worry?

Mr. V I must commend you on your uniquely inconsistent politics.

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    I don't care anything about these 3 girly-men that call themselves GreenDay and who all claim to be bi-sexual or homos--or about their awful gay music.

I hate queers? Only those who are envious of my life and despise me because of it lie like that.

Gays have a medical, biological, and social problem upstairs and everyone knows that. My issue with them is how and why they try to force their dysfunctional lifestyle on all the normal people, and to try and make us believe same sex "marriages" are to be understood & accepted--regardless of how foolish the concept. To me--and this is the majority position around the world--these people are seriously impaired and extremely weak individuals, and they force themselves into leading pathetic and sad lives because of it. Period. Hate is not involved

Robert, I question your saying that you don't "hate queers."

How many gay friends do you now have, or have you had in the past?

Not simply co-workers: people you'd socialize with, have over to your home, shoot the shit with.

Me, I've had several and they never tried to come on to me or to "convert" me to homosexuality: we simply hung out due to other common interests.

I'll tell you one thing: the divisions we feel won't end til when we see people we don't first characterize them by race, gender or sexual orientation.
    What, Me Worry?

I hate queers? Only those who are envious of my life and despise me because of it lie like that.

Gays have a medical, biological, and social problem upstairs and everyone knows that. My issue with them is how and why they try to force their dysfunctional lifestyle on all the normal people, and to try and make us believe same sex "marriages" are to be understood & accepted--regardless of how foolish the concept. To me--and this is the majority position around the world--these people are seriously impaired and extremely weak individuals, and they force themselves into leading pathetic and sad lives because of it. Period. Hate is not involved
    And you SOMEHOW know the sexual preferences of some boy band.. lmao. You hate yourself. This is also why you hate Kewl. While kewl may miss at everything I think he has you pegged, Robert.

Not simply co-workers: people you'd socialize with, have over to your home, shoot the shit with.

Me, I've had several and they never tried to come on to me or to "convert" me to homosexuality: we simply hung out due to other common interests.

I'll tell you one thing: the divisions we feel won't end til when we see people we don't first characterize them by race, gender or sexual orientation.
    I don't know how many queer friends I've had or socialized with, and you should know better than to be asking a question like that. The friends I've had and have don't make it a practice saying whether they're straight, gay, bi or whatever. Being gay was never something they'd push on someone like they had an agenda....like they do today.

Please wise up.

I don't know how many queer friends I've had or socialized with, and you should know better than to be asking a question like that. The friends I've had and have don't make it a practice saying whether they're straight, gay, bi or whatever. Being gay was never something they'd push on someone like they had an agenda....like they do today. And I like this so much I posted it twice.

Please wise up.

Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post

And you SOMEHOW know the sexual preferences of some boy band.. lmao. You hate yourself. This is also why you hate Kewl. While kewl may miss at everything I think he has you pegged, Robert.
    And you're supposed to be smart?

Do you drink Cap'n Morgan too?

Originally Posted by smurgerburger View Post
    Mr. V I must commend you on your uniquely inconsistent politics.
    He's an idiot.

I've had several and they never tried to come on to me or to "convert" me to homosexuality
    LOL, can I guess why?

And you're supposed to be smart?
    He's obviously not smart, unless you're illiterate, then AQ seems smart.

Rob's not too far off here, actually.

Green Day always annoyed me. Some of their music is catchy in that 90s/early 2000s sort of way, but I've always laughed at how an effeminate dude in eyeliner postures as the epitome of cool.

Yes, he's bitter about the A's gong to Vegas because he grew up in Oakland. He got to see the McGwire/Canseco years (he and I are the same age), and now is frustrated that the team owner put a shit team out there for years, and subsequently left the city.

There's no reason to take it out on Vegas, though. Oakland is much worse.

Dude also regularly bashed Americans (despite being one himself), as if he were above and more enlightened than everyone else in the country.

Watch this video, and Billie looks like he's about to flap his wrists and fly off the screen. He also looks like he's about 90 pounds. Is this really what passed for cool in those days?

In general, I laugh at corporate-produced protest-against-the-establishment anthems.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

PETE ROSE? THESE GUYS? JUST LOOK AT EM.

Druff sounds like someone who’s upset Green Day didn’t respond to his adolescent fan letter

Originally Posted by mcap View Post
    Druff sounds like someone who’s upset Green Day didn’t respond to his adolescent fan letter
    Adolescent? Armstrong and I are the same age. Like within weeks.

No question the guy is a talented songwriter and a decent singer, but he's also a small, effeminate pipsqueak producing pseudo-rebellion music while raking in corporate profits. And he's one of those super rich guys pretending to hate American privilege. Whole thing is just so cringe.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Anyway, look at this shit, which I got as a targeted Facebook ad.

https://www.centertheatregroup.org/t...american-idiot

"Green Day's American Idiot: AN AMERICAN SIGN LANGUAGE-POWERED ROCK MUSICAL FOR TODAY"

American Idiot is fully accessible with American Sign Language and integrated captioning throughout the entire production. Guests requiring American Sign Language or Open Captioning can attend any performance.
    This groundbreaking, new production, directed by Center Theatre Group Artistic Director Snehal Desai, and produced in collaboration with Deaf West Theatre, features an ensemble of both Deaf and hearing actors, and is performed simultaneously in American Sign Language and spoken English. CTG and Deaf West have a long history of bold and exciting collaborations, including Pippin, Sleeping Beauty Wakes, and Big River—which went on to have an acclaimed run on Broadway.

Through powerful performances and immersive staging, the show explores themes of identity and rebellion while amplifying the voices of Deaf and multi-cultural communities. With nods to contemporary culture, this electrifying interpretation pushes boundaries and celebrates the diversity of human experience. Join us for a bold and reimagined take on a modern-day classic like you’ve never seen—or heard—before.

I guess you really can make a play out of anything.

I bet I could take a week and hammer out some awful script for a play, and morons would still show up and praise it.

Speaking of which....

In the late 90s, some wannabe playwright was in a chatroom I used to frequent. One of the recurring controversies in the room was about a middle-aged dude who pretended to be a woman (this was in the '90s, long before trans-mania.) I was the one calling this guy out, and half the room was on my side, while the other half stupidly thought I was harassing an innocent woman (lol). I later proved I was correct. My ex-girlfriend, then a platonic friend of mine years after our relationship ended, was also a regular in the room.

So imagine my surprise when an off-Broadway play showed up about a chat room, and the main character was named "Todd" -- a white, dark-haired guy in his 20s who frequented the room. And "Todd" had an ex-girlfriend who also chatted in the room. And Todd had a mysterious rival/foil in the room, who was a teenage girl pretending to be an adult (I guess it was easier to act that out on stage than a man pretending to be a woman).

So I basically had an off-broadway play written about me. Flattering, but also stupid. The playwright denied at first that it was about me, but later admitted that it was "loosely based" upon me. Guess he didn't want to get sued. Anyway, it got middling reviews, ran for a few months, and closed. The guy went back to his day job.

Thread Information