Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bet on Kamala.....

Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
    Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    One of my big beefs with Biden and the democrats concerns their pushing EV's.

I'm a fossil fuel fan, myself.
    You're going to be long gone before you have to worry about this impacting you. What a goofy ass reason. At least not misled by propaganda though which makes it a perfectly respectable goofy ass reason.
    Not a "goofy ass reason" at all.

Think about it: how friggin' STUPID is it to mandate a phase in to EV's when there is neither the infrastructure nor a viable plan to provide one to generate all the extra electricity needed to power millions of electric vehicles?

Electricity is finite, and there are no new power stations or dams beign built to generate it.

Green energy is a flop: we'd need nuclear power until "cold fusion" is mastered, but how can we develop nuclear power again if the government is too lame to figure out the locale of a final depository for nuclear waste?

Bunch of clowns....
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by MDawg View Post
    The stock market is doing great especially my tech heavy portfolio, so why risk another Nasdaq meltdown like what happened after Grump won in November 2016?
    Even with the Covid mess in 2020 the S&P was up more during Trump’s term than Biden’s to date. And Biden benefited from the Covid bounce when everyone realized it was a brief blip in the economy. I’ll give you that tech did “suffer” for a short period which “hurt” you. As someone with most of my money in low cost S&P 500 funds, I don’t sweat those issues as much.

That said, I’ll take the same 50%+ results in the next 4 years under anyone. I’m not greedy.

Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
    One of my big beefs with Biden and the democrats concerns their pushing EV's.

I'm a fossil fuel fan, myself.
    You're going to be long gone before you have to worry about this impacting you. What a goofy ass reason. At least not misled by propaganda though which makes it a perfectly respectable goofy ass reason.
    Not a "goofy ass reason" at all.

Think about it: how friggin' STUPID is it to mandate a phase in to EV's when there is neither the infrastructure nor a viable plan to provide one to generate all the extra electricity needed to power millions of electric vehicles?

Electricity is finite, and there are no new power stations or dams beign built to generate it.

Green energy is a flop: we'd need nuclear power until "cold fusion" is mastered, but how can we develop nuclear power again if the government is too lame to figure out the locale of a final depository for nuclear waste?

Bunch of clowns....
    And you think gasoline is infinite? Given the nature of solar - electricity is far closer to infinite. Tbh I'm not aware of federal
    mandates. Charging stations are problematic to install for various reasons.

It is goofy because gas cars are going nowhere in your life time. Aren't you in yours 70s?

The world is likely far more grim than people realized. Back to back years of hot summers. You start to see weird shit. I'm an outdoorsman of sorts. The day after the hottest day of the summer I came across a litter of infant baby rabbits who had left their burrow. They were dead. That night I see this rabbit acting weird. It was eating them. Probably their mother. I looked it up and yea it happens like cats. Don't waste the protein. Then later I walk over there and a rattlesnake pops up. Just a weird scene but I'd bet money the mother rabbit heat stroked out thebday before. And it'll he worse.. and worse .. nature is already dying all over. Laugh. Mock..whatever. I wish I was wrong. Electric cars aren't even much of a solution but something is going to break.
    Last edited by accountinquestion; Today at 08:25 AM.

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    In their never ending quest to destroy corporate America and stockholders, the anti capitalist Harris/Biden DOJ blocked a merger between Tapestry (Coach) & Capri (Versace). Both own other brands but the result was Capri losing 1/2 its value and Tapestry up 13%. As a Tapestry stockholder I won but overall it’s a bad decision. The purchase of Kate Spade by Tapestry did nothing for the company and certainly didn’t hurt consumers as its prices DROPPED over time as part of a bigger company.

Are we to believe the bitter, angry, creepy Merrick Garland really cares about keeping the cost of Versace goods down for the consumer? It’s a joke ruling by a corrupt little man. But Amazon getting bigger and putting Walgreens out of the prescription business is fine. 3 months and this 4 eyed fuck is working for MSNBC.

https://www.reuters.com/business/ret...ry-2024-10-25/
    Solid opinions. I don't know anyone who cares about Versace or capri. Still seems like democrats are more likely to go against the big tech monopolies that are literally robbing people. I've had 10s of thousands stolen from me by this shit. I wish I could explain how but I have 0 faith in Trump. If so it is only because google isn't promoting narratives in their search that are largely false.

Thread Information