Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Scarab game is very interesting. :)

Originally Posted by Tasha View Post
    Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    I've noticed something really shady about Scarab Game! O.O So, I was playing .75 and at like Game 9, I changed it up to $3.75, and the game went all the way down to game 4 after being on game 9 before. This stinks like rotten fish! :/
    If Scarab had behaved the way you had expected Tasha (rather than the way it actually behaves which you just discovered), you wouldn't need to vulture it - you could simply create a game 9 loaded with framed Scarabs at the minimum denomination by paying for the necessary spins to load it up that way at 75 cents a spin and then self-vulture it at max bet ($3.75) on game #9 loaded up with scarabs that you created at the 75 cent denom. So with this thought experiment of course it would be obvious that each denom has it's own game state.
    I should add that the .75 on Scarab and the $3.75 were both on Penny machines.
    This added information will not affect the validity of my statement.

If Scarab had behaved the way you had expected Tasha (rather than the way it actually behaves which you just discovered), you wouldn't need to vulture it - you could simply create a game 9 loaded with framed Scarabs at the minimum denomination by paying for the necessary spins to load it up that way at 75 cents a spin and then self-vulture it at max bet ($3.75) on game #9 loaded up with scarabs that you created at the 75 cent denom. So with this thought experiment of course it would be obvious that each denom has it's own game state.
    I guess most people would be shocked that the Scarab game goes down in games when you hit the higher amount like I was. I guess it does make sense that the game goes down in games to avoid gamblers doing an advantage move, play 9 games at .75 and then play $3.75 and get like a bunch of wilds and then get like $120 on a $3.75 bet.

I've been assuming for bonus rounds its the same rule as GE, pick the "middle" option... same with Aladdin

I guess most people would be shocked that the Scarab game goes down in games when you hit the higher amount like I was. I guess it does make sense that the game goes down in games to avoid gamblers doing an advantage move, play 9 games at .75 and then play $3.75 and get like a bunch of wilds and then get like $120 on a $3.75 bet.
    If you pick a higher denomination Tasha (or any denomination), the game will simply be in the last played state of that denomination - so if a previous player played at $3.75 and left it at 6 games, that would be what you would find the game at if you picked that denomination. In your case, a previous player quit playing after four games were played.

Originally Posted by pepe View Post
    I've been assuming for bonus rounds its the same rule as GE, pick the "middle" option... same with Aladdin
    Pepe, have you played the new Munsters pinball from Stern yet ? It's based on the humorous 60's TV sitcom. I have not played it yet.

I'm thinking that I could risk like almost $40 and have either a major win with a bunch of wilds, a shitty win, or nothing at all, basically throwing away $40 or getting a very big profit. I was wrong on my previous post. A really big win could net like $500, on $3.75,not like $120

I'm thinking that I could risk like almost $40 and have either a major win with a bunch of wilds, a shitty win, or nothing at all, basically throwing away $40 or getting a very big profit. I was wrong on my previous post. A really big win could net like $500, on $3.75,not like $120
    T, you are talking in riddles today. Color me confused.

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    T, you are talking in riddles today. Color me confused.
    No, I wasn't talking in riddles. I made it as clear as Nassau, Bahamas Ocean water, and that's one of the clearest waters in the world!

Bless your heart Tasha

Pepe, have you played the new Munsters pinball from Stern yet ? It's based on the humorous 60's TV sitcom. I have not played it yet.
    Nope, will probably have a chance this weekend

Whats the frequency of the bonus round on that?

Nope, will probably have a chance this weekend
    Cool.

Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    Whats the frequency of the bonus round on that?
    Here's the PAR sheet:http://tiltforums.com/t/the-munsters-rulesheet/4781 (I've never gotten the bonus round on Scarab - very limited vulturing of this game so far).

I have had several bonus rounds and now I’ll always pick 5 games with 10 wilds. Seems to average around 50 times the bet. I go with that because the game is so dependent on wilds.

Haven’t done well on the other two options although haven’t tried them that much. You are probably correct that the middle may be the best option due to more chances to retrigger the bonus.

So earlier I saw a machine that was 7/10 with a wild coming up in the first column, so I assumed (?) it was worth playing off.

There is a man 2 machines away that moves to the one next to me as soon as i sit. He then plays for a minute, cashes out and leaves.

I look over, and he's left both machines at 9/10.

This is a trap, right?

Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    So earlier I saw a machine that was 7/10 with a wild coming up in the first column, so I assumed (?) it was worth playing off.

There is a man 2 machines away that moves to the one next to me as soon as i sit. He then plays for a minute, cashes out and leaves.

I look over, and he's left both machines at 9/10.

This is a trap, right?
    I don’t think so. Were there any wilds left? A trap would be 2 or 3 wilds in the right hand side on the 3rd or 4th spin. Most people who leave it at 9 spins don’t know what they are doing. If there are any wilds at all I will play the 9th spin off as you can get more scarabs on the last spin and they automatically turn wild. I don’t know what the math is and haven’t tracked my results but since it only costs one bet this is what I do. I wouldn’t play it with just one wild on the 7th spin. If you are going to have to do more than one spin I would want at least 3 wilds in the first 3 columns. I have found that this one is usually pretty easy to figure out. I tend to see it either on a high spin number with a lot of wilds and play it or on a medium to low number with few/no wilds and ignore it. I don’t see too many tough calls on these, at least where I vulture.

The interesting thing about this game is the marginal cases, which are +EV but will lose money a significant percentage of the time. I've probably played this game about 20 times and I think I only lost money once or twice, which suggests I'm missing a lot of plays.

You'd have to do an analysis like the Shackleford's OM analysis to come up with a system for valuing wilds by column and by total number per row.

I guess the problem is no recreational player is going to undervalue a marginal state, so they're about as likely to leave them as they are to leave guaranteed winners. (Which of course they do but not often.)

Originally Posted by smurgerburger View Post
    The interesting thing about this game is the marginal cases, which are +EV but will lose money a significant percentage of the time. I've probably played this game about 20 times and I think I only lost money once or twice, which suggests I'm missing a lot of plays.

You'd have to do an analysis like the Shackleford's OM analysis to come up with a system for valuing wilds by column and by total number per row.

I guess the problem is no recreational player is going to undervalue a marginal state, so they're about as likely to leave them as they are to leave guaranteed winners. (Which of course they do but not often.)
    I play them off when I find them with a stack of 3 wilds in one of the first few columns and 8 or 9 spins to go. I've had pretty good results so far.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

I've been very cautious about playing machines that have four or more spins to go because I don't have a good feel for what an an above average state looks like at spins 1-6. Once you get to 7-9 it becomes more obvious. Of course at 9 you can calculate your worst case scenario if you want.

Originally Posted by smurgerburger View Post
    I've been very cautious about playing machines that have four or more spins to go because I don't have a good feel for what an an above average state looks like at spins 1-6. Once you get to 7-9 it becomes more obvious. Of course at 9 you can calculate your worst case scenario if you want.
    I always laugh when I find one on 9 with a bunch of wilds in the screen. What was the person that left it thinking?
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Thread Information