Thread: 18 Hour Intermittent Fasting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fructose is somewhat better than refined sugar, but you still want to limit your intake.

My IF (I do 16/8; it's about as long as I can stand without my stomach feeling like it's eating itself) diet largely consists of chicken, fish (I like white fish but salmon/tuna are better), eggs, oatmeal, cheese, brown rice, sweet potatoes and a few different vegetables. I do a cheat day about once a week, otherwise my metabolism eventually adjusts to the calorie intake, and my weight plateaus.

The sardines are actually a pretty good source of protein (18g per 140 cal), but the sodium content isn't great (even in the no salt added version).

Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Fructose is somewhat better than refined sugar, but you still want to limit your intake.

My IF (I do 16/8; it's about as long as I can stand without my stomach feeling like it's eating itself) diet largely consists of chicken, fish (I like white fish but salmon/tuna are better), eggs, oatmeal, cheese, brown rice, sweet potatoes and a few different vegetables. I do a cheat day about once a week, otherwise my metabolism eventually adjusts to the calorie intake, and my weight plateaus.

The sardines are actually a pretty good source of protein (18g per 140 cal), but the sodium content isn't great (even in the no salt added version).
    Good Information.
    Of course I don't agree with the sugar problem from Carrots but don't really want to debate or argue about that.
    Plenty of information on both sides of that topic and the individual can decide what is best for their situation.

However, I don't understand the sodium problem with canned sardines.
    Currently I have the gourmet fillets with no salt added that I didn't realize do not have the bones.
    They have the skin which I want but I also want the bones as they are supposed to be high in nutrition.
    They are much higher in sodium so I will be changing brands.
    They are at 320mgs (14% daily value) which I admit is a bit high but I'm still far under the daily allowance even if I eat one can a day.

King Oscar seems to be a better choice at 200 mgs per can and 10 less calories.
    According to the package that is 9% of DV which makes sense why a person could eat 5 cans a day and be at 45% DV of sodium intake.
    I suppose this is the same discussion as above with the Carrot Juice.
    You have to make choices and live with them.
    I plan to increase my Sardine intake as I am kinda buying into them as being a perfect food.
    As always, the rule of thumb, in life, is to take everything in moderation, so I will keep that in mind.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information