Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Short term vs long term and quitting while ahead (continued)

Half Smoke you can order copies of the film and videos and transcripts from these TV stations:

WTVH formerly WHEN TV Syracuse
    WTVJ Miami
    KCAL TV Los Angeles

And if you want to see me with Queen Elizabeth and King Juan Carlos contact CBS News in New York.

Sorry. But I doubt these were uploaded to YouTube.

On Wolfson Archives you'll find me in Ethiopia during the famine. There are five videos including a 3 part series.

https://www.mdc.edu/archives/wolfson...es_search.aspx

Contact the Mortgage Bankers Association about my Janus Award

Contact the Radio TV News Association about my 16 Golden Mics

Contact the Los Angeles Press Club about my 19 awards for Economics Reporting

Ask the Emmys about my Emmy

And call the White House about my visit to see Reagan.

And check with the Supreme Court about my press coverage there.

And dont forget to call the Columbia Journalism Review and the Washington Journalism Review and Barron's and New York Magazine and New Jersey Magazine for copies of my articles.

Ohh... ask the White House how many times I made the White House Reading List with articles brought to the attention of the President.

Have a nice day.

Excellent; a journalist always has sources to corroborate a claim.

Now who can we contact to corroborate the claim of 18 yo's in a row, and that a shooter at Caesars eclipsed Demauro's record roll?
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    Excellent; a journalist always has sources to corroborate a claim.

Now who can we contact to corroborate the claim of 18 yo's in a row, and that a shooter at Caesars eclipsed Demauro's record roll?
    Gosh... after all that how could I possibly screw up watching dice on a table? I just can't explain it.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post

thank you for that great amount of info - I'm not totally sure that the White House will be very interested in providing me with excellent customer service when I call there

I would point out that visiting Reagan is quite a bit different than "I interviewed four Presidents" which is what you claimed

please don't feed the trolls

Originally Posted by Half Smoke View Post

thank you for that great amount of info - I'm not totally sure that the White House will be very interested in providing me with excellent customer service when I call there

I would point out that visiting Reagan is quite a bit different than "I interviewed four Presidents" which is what you claimed

You can order the reports and transcripts from those three TV stations. I worked for CBS News from 1976 to 1981. My other years were with those TV stations plus Fox from 1987 to 1990. They'll have the interviews.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Only those with an actual real life could understand what you meant Alan. The rest haven't been to, haven't seen, and haven't experienced much more than comped buffets, a colorful collection of slot club cards, or gridlocked LV street traffic. And that's exactly why 18 yo's--an extremely unlikely event included within a life-lived collection of other similarly very unlikely events--is constantly mocked here. And this....from a group who worships at the altar of mathematical possibilities.

Let the entertainment keep coming. It'll help keep your mind busy as you navigate another nearly impossible event: watching the suffering of a person very special to you.
    The 18 yos is mocked EVERYWHERE!!!!!

You can order the reports and transcripts from those three TV stations. I worked for CBS News from 1976 to 1981. My other years were with those TV stations plus Fox from 1987 to 1990. They'll have the interviews.

most reporters would have pictures if they interviewed a President. for most it would be a very special thing and it is something they would want to be sure they had to show their grandchildren

I was born in DC

my Dad was a career Federal employee and I worked for the Feds for 4 years

I'm very familiar with the ins and outs of politics and news reporting in DC and how things there work

I have video tape. Two inch video tape. Got a player? (Google that.)

I have video tape. Two inch video tape. Got a player? (Google that.)

there are plenty of people out there with the skill to convert video tape to a format that can be uploaded to YouTube

I'm not saying you need to do that to prove anything to me

just saying

I think most would want what they did in the past - if it was very special - as your stuff was - to be part of the modern world - and you surely would seem to me to be one who would want that

Half Smoke you can order copies of the film and videos and transcripts from these TV stations:

WTVH formerly WHEN TV Syracuse
    WTVJ Miami
    KCAL TV Los Angeles

And if you want to see me with Queen Elizabeth and King Juan Carlos contact CBS News in New York.

Sorry. But I doubt these were uploaded to YouTube.

On Wolfson Archives you'll find me in Ethiopia during the famine. There are five videos including a 3 part series.

https://www.mdc.edu/archives/wolfson...es_search.aspx

Contact the Mortgage Bankers Association about my Janus Award

Contact the Radio TV News Association about my 16 Golden Mics

Contact the Los Angeles Press Club about my 19 awards for Economics Reporting

Ask the Emmys about my Emmy

And check with the Supreme Court about my press coverage there.

And dont forget to call the Columbia Journalism Review and the Washington Journalism Review and Barron's and New York Magazine and New Jersey Magazine for copies of my articles.

Ohh... ask the White House how many times I made the White House Reading List with articles brought to the attention of the President.

Have a nice day.
    Not difficult to figure out. This happens all the time when REAL people mention REAL moments in their REAL lives to a small bunch of basically non-productive/do-nothing & going nowhere/been nowhere LV-dwelling & wannabee LV dwelling "anonymous" gamblers: they blurt out all kinds of reasons why what you said about your life experiences JUST CANNOT BE TRUE.....because they JUST DON'T WANT IT TO BE TRUE. Touch on their glaring inadequacies, and you get the worst of these fools.

You can almost feel the hurt thru cyberspace.

there are plenty of posters here who I don't respond to at all when they post something nasty about me

would you respond to a monkey if you're taking a walk in the zoo and a monkey farts________________________?

who cares_____________?????____________not me__________not at all

Rob this is unbelievable.

Half smoke I have an idea for you. Go on Facebook. Join the various alumni groups for WTVH, WTVJ, KTTV the Fox station in Los Angeles, KCAL, and CBS News.

Ask my former coworkers.

Have a nice day.

there are plenty of posters here who I don't respond to when they post something nasty about me

would you respond to a monkey if you're taking a walk in the zoo and a monkey farts________________________?

Oh... so you're trolling?

I thought you were researching the history of TV news.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer
    Not difficult to figure out. This happens all the time when REAL people mention REAL moments in their REAL lives to a small bunch of basically non-productive/do-nothing & going nowhere/been nowhere LV-dwelling & wannabee LV dwelling "anonymous" gamblers: they blurt out all kinds of reasons why what you said about your life experiences JUST CANNOT BE TRUE.....because they JUST DON'T WANT IT TO BE TRUE. Touch on their glaring inadequacies, and you get the worst of these fools.

There should be no need to prove one's claims if the audience believes the claimant to be credible.

As you are well aware from both personal and vicarious experience the regulars on this board do not believe some or your and Alan's claims to be credible.

The further listing of claimed accomplishments serves only to reinforce the incredulity.

Perhaps it's like religion: a matter of faith.
    What, Me Worry?

I'll tell you what's important. It's not awards. It's not pictures from your job. It's not your resume. It's not even having a retirement fund.

What's important are memories of making love and being in love. What's important is being able to say I love you and hear I love you back.

Today I helped Janet go to the bathroom. I peeled a banana for her and watched her take a few bites. I helped her change into a fresh hospital gown. I was thankful I could do that much.

I talked to my brother and sister this morning. I know my kids are okay and healthy. That's important too.

My life has always been a struggle. I had polio as a kid. I had TB. I was an insulin dependent diabetic. I had kidney failure. I had transplants.

I fought every day. I even boxed... but I never won a fight, and I got knocked out.

What's important is what I know. But to have someone say that defending yourself weakens your own credibility makes me wonder what kind of sick, vicious, mean people there are in this world.

I've led a good and honorable life. I dont need pictures to know it.

there are plenty of posters here who I don't respond to when they post something nasty about me

Oh... so you're trolling?

I thought you were researching the history of TV news.

I don't get any of this. Is Half Smoke being facetious? His tagline is a crack about people believing internet truths, and yet he's requesting internet truths. Is he being facetious? Joking?

Why would a real person with a national reputation invent stories about interviewing presidents? The idea is nuts. Anybody who is willing to do any legwork can discover if it's the truth or not.

There should be no need to prove one's claims if the audience believes the claimant to be credible.

As you are well aware from both personal and vicarious experience the regulars on this board do not believe some or your and Alan's claims to be credible.

The further listing of claimed accomplishments serves only to reinforce the incredulity.

C'mon, man. This is inability to process and evaluate context. Or inability to do legwork. Anybody who really wanted to research Alan Mendelson can research Alan Mendelson. It's not that hard.

But it does take more than 10 minutes and half a dozen keystrokes. I just can't believe the laziness and arrogance.

It's quite obvious that none of you have any real friends since you all are on here constantly.

Check your stats V. A small group of anonymous, mostly worthless gamblers who only post here as trolls or attention-seekers, claim REAL people post lies about themselves--pictures or not.

Sure sounds like raging envy to me! It's what happens when a group of failures in life find themselves dealing with reality instead of theory. It's also what happens when they get talked down to as if they're nothing...which is exactly what they know they are.

Originally Posted by redietz
    C'mon, man. This is inability to process and evaluate context. Or inability to do legwork. Anybody who really wanted to research Alan Mendelson can research Alan Mendelson. It's not that hard. But it does take more than 10 minutes and half a dozen keystrokes. I just can't believe the laziness and arrogance.
    Huh?

I believe that I and some others have no "inability to process" claims made on these forums; what talent do those with the alleged "ability to process" have that I / we don't?

No, it is more than that.

Your comment implies that I / we should investigate a questioned claim in order to verify whether a claim is true; sorry but I've got better things to do than spend time and money attempting to ferret out "the truth."

Here's real world 101: either a poster is deemed credible or he isn't, and AS ALWAYS we take any forum claim with a grain of salt.
    What, Me Worry?

Thread Information