Thread: Total Rewards -- is this the big blow? FALSE ALARM

I hope this isn't the big blow that ends 7 Stars for me and probably many others, but it might be.

Has Caesars eliminated the tier credit bonuses for 2016?

I played on January 1st and earned 2,300 tier credits. Under the 2015 rules I would have received a bonus of 1,000 tier credits.

In 2015 the email about the tier credit bonus would arrive the day following play.

On January 2, 2016 there was no email about a tier credit bonus.

And at 5-am on January 3, 2016 no tier credit bonus was added to my account.

Are the tier credit bonuses gone for 2016?

False alarm. My 1,000 tier point bonus showed up when I just checked. But no email.

I never get the emails until later in the day after I've earned them.

Dan Druff does not approve. You played 2,300 tier credits? *facepalm*

Usually the e-mails show up the next night. But occasionally, I never receive the "Congratulations nerakil - You've Earned It!" e-mail.

I don't play for comps or tier points. When I'm done I'm done.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    That point doesn't matter in this thread. You were worried about points.

Rob, don't YOU have other things to worry about?

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    That point doesn't matter in this thread. You were worried about points.
    Alan, you gotta admit, this is kinda funny.

"I didn't get my bonus, this might be the end of CET for me.....no I don't play for points I'm done when I'm done."

Originally Posted by RS__ View Post
    Alan, you gotta admit, this is kinda funny.

"I didn't get my bonus, this might be the end of CET for me.....no I don't play for points I'm done when I'm done."
    What's funny is that you didn't quote me correctly:

I hope this isn't the big blow that ends 7 Stars for me
    You see, I didn't say anything about "the end of CET for me."

You're as much of a troll as Rob is sometimes.

Any other criticisms or is this going to turn into another 55 page discussion... to paraphrase one of your recent posts?

Didn't this exact situation happen last year?

I think Total Rewards is just screwed up at the beginning of each year.

Rob Singer does bring up a good point, though. Playing for 2300 tier points is incredibly sub-optimal, unless you absolutely don't care about points. You needed to run just $2,000 in action to get to 2500. Even if you ran it on $1 video poker, that's just 400 hands, and would take you less than 30 minutes. I don't understand how someone who played $25 video poker on the same trip ($125 per hand) couldn't run $2,000 more in action, even if you were losing a lot at the time.

There is a huge difference in tier points for those 200 base tiers you'd be running:

2300 tiers = 3300 total tiers after bonus
    2500 tiers = 7500 total tiers after bonus

WOW!!! Those 200 tiers would have gained you 4200 MORE simply by running them!

The only way I could understand it would be if you absolutely, positively didn't care about tier points, but then we wouldn't have that thread if that were true.

Also, Alan, haven't you said before that you severely curtain your VP play nowadays once you hit 150,000 tiers, due to the immense law of diminishing returns at that point? So wouldn't you want to get to 150k tiers faster, for that reason?

(Full disclosure: I did something also sub-optimal on January 1, only running 1600 or so tiers on the Texas Holdem Fold Up game at Harrah's. But there was a reason for this, as I was physically out of time, and had to leave, and wasn't able to return that day.)
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Alan is just trying to figure things out. His $25 play certainly does suggest a moot point when it comes to bonus points, but it's also hard to explain why he's so troubled by said points.

Ask wife #3. She caught on quickly.

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Playing for 2300 tier points is incredibly sub-optimal, unless you absolutely don't care about points.
    Just as I said:

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Alan is just trying to figure things out. His $25 play certainly does suggest a moot point when it comes to bonus points, but it's also hard to explain why he's so troubled by said points.

Ask wife #3. She caught on quickly.
    Just to show you how I don't care about the "points" that $25 game was 8/5 Bonus which required $25 per tier point, instead of the standard $10 per tier point for Video Poker.

Don't you have other things to think about Rob?

The only way I could understand it would be if you absolutely, positively didn't care about tier points, but then we wouldn't have that thread if that were true.
    Wrong again. While I don't care about the tier points others do. And the news reporter in me made sure I posted this not only here but also on my Facebook page (go ahead Dan, you're a friend on Facebook -- take a look) and on Twitter.

My posts aren't just about me. I can't say that for some others.

But Alan, WHY don't you care about tier points?

I understand that they're not a priority to you, but why don't you care at all?

I thought you curtailed your play last year after 150k points because you didn't think it was worth doing (and I agreed).
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

What's funny is that you didn't quote me correctly:

You see, I didn't say anything about "the end of CET for me."

You're as much of a troll as Rob is sometimes.

Any other criticisms or is this going to turn into another 55 page discussion... to paraphrase one of your recent posts?
    My apologies.

If it might be the end for 7-stars for you.....well, seems like you're interested in achieving 7 stars again. Why wouldn't you earn the extra 200 TCs? Oh right, I know I know, "because when I'm done I'm done".

But Alan, WHY don't you care about tier points?

I understand that they're not a priority to you, but why don't you care at all?

I thought you curtailed your play last year after 150k points because you didn't think it was worth doing (and I agreed).
    I don't care about tier points period. The reality is, my comps and tier points get back only a tiny fraction of what I might play in a weekend. I am fully aware of that -- while others will deny it. What do I get from Caesars in terms of offers? About $300 per trip -- that's what. That's how many hands at $5 video poker? And how many hands at $25 video poker? Do you really think I am playing for the points?

When I played in 2015 over and above the 150,000 points needed for 7 Stars it was because I wanted to. I had no need to play for points then and I have no need to play for points now.

And, if you need another reason, I am a high Platinum at MGM and my free play offers at Bellagio are double or sometimes triple what I get from Caesars plus I get full RFB. I am also close to Noir.

Ironically I wasn't playing for points at Bellagio either. I found out I was Platinum when I lost my entry level players card and I went to the rewards desk to get a replacement -- that's when they handed me a Platinum Card. I had no idea I was close to Noir until I called my host and asked him about it. Will I play to make Noir? No. Will I make Noir this year? Probably.

I'm thinking Alan is actually doing his best to shake CET from his system, and for a gambler switching over to MGM is the right thing to be doing. I've heard from MANY players that they get far better benefits from that club than they got at CET or Wynn.

Thread Information