Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dan Druff's 2022-23 NFL picks

When you win three NFL games by a total of 6 1/2 points, you know you are hot.

Congrats. Tremendous season.

I had that Wash/NYG game teased with the Over, by the way. Over 33 -- I timed it well and avoided that extra half a point.

Yeah definitely got lucky with today's 3-0. Not only did the Washington under look like it was in trouble at the half, it went into OT with 40 points, needing no scoring to win! And somehow that happened. Then the Raiders covered the under by 2.5, and the "big winner" of the day was the Raiders covering the spread by 4.5.

40-16-1 now, +24.97 units
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Yeah definitely got lucky with today's 3-0. Not only did the Washington under look like it was in trouble at the half, it went into OT with 40 points, needing no scoring to win! And somehow that happened. Then the Raiders covered the under by 2.5, and the "big winner" of the day was the Raiders covering the spread by 4.5.

40-16-1 now, +24.97 units

This is the best NFL season I have seen to this point in my 45 years of doing this. Really good job of taking what you want when it's there and not getting locked into some minimum or maximum number of plays, which is always artificial and often stupid. You are killing it.

As far as football overall goes, yours is the second best season I have seen to this point. A guy killed it against me about 12 years ago in an online competition that monitored about 50 handicappers. He destroyed Mountain West and Pac 12 college totals -- just obliterated them with a relatively high volume. Your season is second to that guy's season overall as far as what I've seen, and I've followed almost all of the major contests and monitored records. One guy, who I've met, swept the major five-games-a-week Las Vegas NFL contests about 20 years ago with startling records -- in the 67% range. He had just the max entries allowed for himself, but wasn't coordinating other entries, so that was monstrous. What Fezzik did years later, with the back-to-back at SuperBook, was astounding, but he was coordinating stuff, although the ones in his name were indeed his lead entries from what I understand.

Fezzik, however, was more of a contest player than a gambler. Not a story for public consumption.

Well, thank you. I appreciate all of the kind words during this NFL season. My college football season was very mediocre until my recent 9-1 run, which changed it to "good", but nothing like this NFL season.

I just have one pick today -- a moneyline dog.

As much as I hate the crappy Saints, I believe they will win tonight. They handed me my first loss of the season, so hopefully they don't hand me my 17th as well.

New Orleans +162 at Tampa Bay
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

That was brutal. Points win, but not the ML. It takes some work to tag Dan with a loss. Saints should be shot for blowing that game.

What did I have? Something that should have lost -- Teased the Over at 33 with the best of the lines earlier in the week, which is why I shop 'til I drop. Teasers that push one leg are pushes.

If Tampa were playing in another division, everyone would be commenting on Brady's degradation. Instead, they're commenting on his heroics.

That pass when he chose to throw to Julio Jones running a fly on the right sideline (and the pass just missed) instead of the more open WR deep down the left sideline gives you a clue how he has to reset and gather himself to make that kind of throw. He can't just pivot and do it, which means he's "cheating" before the play unfolds and committing in his mind to one side of the field or the other.

Monet, remember when we were discussing Brady pre-season? How's that ATS anti-Brady doing?

Yeah redeitz said it all. That loss was just really really brutal.

A bit late to the party (game is an hour away), but I'm firing on the total on tonight's Raiders game.

Raiders at Rams - Under 41.5

Easy winner.

Now 41-17-1, +24.88 units

Detroit -2 -116 vs Minnesota
    Jacksonville +155 at Tennessee
    Jacksonville at Tennessee - Under 41 -107
    Buffalo vs Jets - Under 43
    Cincinnati vs Cleveland - Under 46.5

Charmed NFL season continues.

Went 4-1, only losing Jacksonville under. The +155 Jax moneyline bet easily won. Only close win was the Buffalo under, and even that was on pace to win the whole way. Up 3.28 units today.

Now 45-18-1, +28.16 units

I see this SF game as another trap line, similar to the Minnesota/Detroit one we just saw.

Mind you, I don't feel about Seattle like I felt about the Lions. I was begging everyone I knew to lay off that Vikings bet they wanted to make.

Seattle is 7-6, but they haven't yet beaten a good team. Their victories were over Denver (awful), Detroit (mediocre), Arizona (bad), LA Chargers (inconsistent), Arizona again, NY Giants (in a tailspin), and the LA Rams (bad). A victory over the Niners would be their biggest accomplishment this season.

Also, the Niners have won six in a row, including that drubbing of Brady 35-7 on Sunday. The last time they allowed more than 17 points was October 23. No team has allowed fewer points this season than the Niners, and only one (Buffalo) is anywhere close.

I get all that. However, Vegas doesn't give anything away, and usually when there's a line like this, it means something. Remember, the Seahawks are just a hair away from getting into that playoff zone, whereas the Niners have much less to play for tonight.

Seattle +160 vs San Francisco (+3 ok)

Lost the Seattle game.

Today:
    Indianapolis +175 at Minnesota
    Buffalo vs Miami - Under 43.5

A long time ago, in a universe far, far away, I had the Houston Oilers at between 15-1 and 20-1 to win the AFC and between 30-1 and 40-1 to win the SB. I watched the game unfold in the Golden Nugget, then got up early in the third quarter and went to my room because I could smell it coming. I herewith pass the baton for worst loss ever to Todd, with a ML wager on the Colts (and the fact he didn't take the points -- a winner) ranking as worse than the Houston Oiler collapse. I salute this loss. It was memorable.

If that's what it takes to beat Todd in 2022 NFL, so be it.

I was at The Bike playing poker, and we were all watching the Colts game on the giant TV. I told everyone about my moneyline pick, and I looked like a genius during the first half. One guy at the table kept popping off that the Vikings would come back, even when down 20-0. By the end, everyone simply felt bad for me, including the floorman. That game was the talk of the room. I will probably never see anything like it again in my lifetime.

This now marks two consecutive super-embarrassing 4th quarters. In one, they gave up 33 points in the final quarter after holding close for the first three. Then there was this fiasco. Matt Ryan sucks, the coaching sucks, and this team sucks.

The Oilers game came up while at the table, by the way. Someone recalled watching it as a kid.

This was my first 3-game NFL losing streak of the season, and my record is now 45-21-1, +25.16 units

Still looking at a few potential totals, but probably going to skip them.

Right now it might be just this moneyline dog and that's it.

Jacksonville +175 vs Dallas (+4 ok)

Many people would not go with a single +175 pick when on their first 3-game losing streak on the season, but here we are.

I was at The Bike playing poker, and we were all watching the Colts game on the giant TV. I told everyone about my moneyline pick, and I looked like a genius during the first half. One guy at the table kept popping off that the Vikings would come back, even when down 20-0. By the end, everyone simply felt bad for me, including the floorman. That game was the talk of the room. I will probably never see anything like it again in my lifetime.

This now marks two consecutive super-embarrassing 4th quarters. In one, they gave up 33 points in the final quarter after holding close for the first three. Then there was this fiasco. Matt Ryan sucks, the coaching sucks, and this team sucks.

The Oilers game came up while at the table, by the way. Someone recalled watching it as a kid.

This was my first 3-game NFL losing streak of the season, and my record is now 45-21-1, +25.16 units

Two things about that Oilers game.

I was sitting with a bunch of Asian high rollers at the Nugget watching the game. When I got up to leave (early third quarter -- I could smell disaster), one of them asked me who I had. I said the Oilers. He was impressed that I sat with them, and they could not tell who I had.

Second, and I won't forget this. At halftime, I called my main partner on an old pay phone near the book. I said, the only way we lose this is if the game goes Over. He said there was no way he was wasting hedge money on a halftime bet and if the Oilers lost, he'd never bet a football game again. I got half my money back on a second half Over bet. And no, he didn't retire from betting football, but he does consider hedging no matter the scenario these days.

And oh yeah, about the ridiculousness of Singer's two-year NFL claims. All he would have to have done is manage what you've done this season, then do it again next season. LOL. I really think Rob didn't have any idea what was achievable. He just plucked a number out of the air with his 68% claim.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    And oh yeah, about the ridiculousness of Singer's two-year NFL claims. All he would have to have done is manage what you've done this season, then do it again next season. LOL. I really think Rob didn't have any idea what was achievable. He just plucked a number out of the air with his 68% claim.
    Red, 45 / 66 = about 68%. Was this what you meant?

Anyway, what if all of the jargon is merely some "internal narrative"? What is any of it really attached to?
    Drug Rehabilitation + Haliburton County for the local thus clinics. The one in Haliburton town temporarily closed yields the closest, 4cast. 137 posts at NetVoid's forum, + 184 here =321.0, to overlap 3456 at the 3's, as the dimensions from 0 to 6, four by four.bb

The unused, Zodiac bits: 'dakadu, Lake+151?s (164 char. max) seed the final two lines of the anagram solver -of lies/revenge. Franc Baconis for the capital L yields 141=69+ᘔᘖ; 397=[(10-6+9-1)^3-(1+ᘔ+ᘖ+1)^3].

Thanks. CIA.0!

Ha.

Originally Posted by TheGrimReaper View Post
    Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Red, 45 / 66 = about 68%. Was this what you meant?

Anyway, what if all of the jargon is merely some "internal narrative"? What is any of it really attached to?

Yes, no one has ever publicly managed 68% ATS (against the spread), picking five NFL games a week, for a two-year period. So Rob decided that he had done it.

Like me saying I ran a 3:45 mile or thereabouts.

I deserved that Jacksonville win. That pick looked dead several times, including in OT, but it somehow won.

Down 27-10 in late 3rd. Down 34-31 and gave up the ball on a fumble with 1:51 left in game. Needing to win two challenges in regulation to have a shot to get in FG range. Their QB Lawrence being ambushed and in horrible shape to make a crucial pass with 5 seconds left, and somehow completed a long one to put them in FG range, followed by a great FG kick to take it to OT. Going 4-and-out in OT, and having Dallas within 13 yards of FG range, then getting a dropped pass and running for a 52-yard TD to end it!

What a game. Not quite as improbable as the Colts blowing that 33-0 lead, but still pretty fortunate.

Now 46-21-1, +26.93 units

NY Jets -2.5 vs Jacksonville

Not even close to winning.

Now 46-22-1, +25.93 units

Thread Information