Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: POST YOUR CALIFORNIA BLACKJACK RESULTS

Have you gentlemen ever thought through the potential ramifications of sports betting in this regard? I seem to sense a lack of worldliness.

Take 30 minutes out of your life and work through the obvious ways and means sports betting could be used to do pretty much whatever you want. Play with the various concepts.

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    Let's assume someone has an illegal source of income and they want to launder it.

Assume they gamble regularly in Las Vegas and they are premium players.

Would the IRS red flag their returns if they reported and paid tax on a large amount of (falsified) gambling income / profit without supporting W-2G's for all of it?
    It does seem like a bad idea. Probably much simpler just to open a restaurant and run the cash through it.

I mean, you would need a W-2 from another job or another source of income to go along with it anyway, unless they planned to file as a pro.

I wonder how disproportionately people who file as pro get audited vs the general public? I would wager to guess at a much higher rate.

Of course, I'm sure it's highly correlated to the income claimed and also the deductions.

Edit: I don't know exactly how an unemployed person who "gets really lucky" in Vegas and legally needs to file taxes would file as. After reading your post again, it looks like that is the scenario in question?

I'm sure there is some kind of classification for this, but I would think it would probably only work for one year. Maybe two?

At some point you would have to register as a pro, maybe even year one.
    Last edited by Rounder; 05-16-2022 at 08:27 PM.

Originally Posted by Rounder View Post
    Let's assume someone has an illegal source of income and they want to launder it.

Would the IRS red flag their returns if they reported and paid tax on a large amount of (falsified) gambling income / profit without supporting W-2G's for all of it?
    It does seem like a bad idea. Probably much simpler just to open a restaurant and run the cash through it.

I mean, you would need a W-2 from another job or another source of income to go along with it anyway, unless they planned to file as a pro.

I wonder how disproportionately people who file as pro get audited vs the general public? I would wager to guess at a much higher rate.

Of course, I'm sure it's highly correlated to the income claimed and also the deductions.

Edit: I don't know exactly how an unemployed person who "gets really lucky" in Vegas and legally needs to file taxes would file as. After reading your post again, it looks like that is the scenario in question?

I'm sure there is some kind of classification for this, but I would think it would probably only work for one year. Maybe two?

As Redietz already stated... Fucking Squares.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Have you gentlemen ever thought through the potential ramifications of sports betting in this regard? I seem to sense a lack of worldliness. Take 30 minutes out of your life and work through the obvious ways and means sports betting could be used to do pretty much whatever you want. Play with the various concepts.
    I give up, clue me in oh sports gambling guru.
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    Originally Posted by Rounder View Post

As Redietz already stated... Fucking Squares.
    I'm a "square"? Fair enough.

Are you the same Monet, or are there several?

Are you the same Monet, the grizzled hard ass from the wrong side of the tracks that was just posting in great detail about their fondness for playing with remote controlled toys?

What a "round". I certainly wouldn't want to get caught alone with you in a dark alley.

I stand corrected. Trying to artificially manufacturer and report a gambling win to the Federal Government is a great way to launder some cash vs the myriad of other approaches you could take.
    Last edited by Rounder; 05-16-2022 at 10:23 PM.

Have you gentlemen ever thought through the potential ramifications of sports betting in this regard? I seem to sense a lack of worldliness. Take 30 minutes out of your life and work through the obvious ways and means sports betting could be used to do pretty much whatever you want. Play with the various concepts.

As monet suggested, grow up and get a clue. This isn't rocket science. If you don't know anything about the biggest exploding form of gambling, which will overtake all other forms combined in short order, and you don't know anything about how it can work, be at least semi-respectful.

Monet, I get a kick out of ignorance regarding own ignorance these days. I think Bugs Bunny referred to these folks as "maroons." I never liked the whole "ploppies" and "squares" condescending jargon. But maybe Bugs Bunny nailed it.
    Last edited by redietz; 05-17-2022 at 06:04 AM.

I think Bugs Bunny referred to these folks as "maroons."
    --->

Bugs (Television Programme).

Moving Pictures (Rush album).

https://anagram-solver.net/I%20give%....?partial=true

The first "readable" answers.
    Every one /everyone knows it all; yet, no thing /nothing is truly known by any one /anyone. Similarly, the suckers think that they win, but, the house always wins, unless to hand out an even worse beating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsa6ojQcYXQ

Garnabby + OppsIdidItAgain + ThomasClines (or TomasHClines) + The Grim Reaper + LMR + OneHitWonder (or 1HitWonder, 1Hit1der) + Bill Yung ---> GOTTLOB1, or GOTTLOB = Praise to God!

Blog at https://garnabby.blogspot.com/

I don't bet sports, never have: not interested in doing so for gambling purposes..

But your claim that it is the bee's knees of money laundering caught my eye.

Whatever, your uppity attitude / thin skin and my genuine lack of need (I currently have no need to launder) causes me to say "meh."
    Last edited by MisterV; 05-17-2022 at 11:13 AM.
    What, Me Worry?

Whatever, your uppity attitude / thin skin and my genuine lack of need (I currently have no need to launder) causes me to say "meh."
    --->

The Adventures of Una Persson and Catherine Cornelius in the Twentieth Century.

https://anagram-solver.net/Whatever,...2?partial=true
    Every one /everyone knows it all; yet, no thing /nothing is truly known by any one /anyone. Similarly, the suckers think that they win, but, the house always wins, unless to hand out an even worse beating.

Garnabby + OppsIdidItAgain + ThomasClines (or TomasHClines) + The Grim Reaper + LMR + OneHitWonder (or 1HitWonder, 1Hit1der) + Bill Yung ---> GOTTLOB1, or GOTTLOB = Praise to God!

Your anagram bullshit is the worst Garnabby.

VCT secret codeword, RIP +

Originally Posted by mcap View Post
    Your anagram bullshit is the worst Garnabby.
    --->

Honest (Dave Stewart and the Spiritual Cowboys album).

https://anagram-solver.net/Secret%20....?partial=true

What I was thinking, before I ran it. The anagrams are only that. A neutral backdrop for others to reveal themselves against. Bits of self-evident "truths" along the path. Beats the circular idiocy of many, especially some so-called non-anonymous posters.

Of course, though, it's about standing for the truth. You can beat me, but, you can't beat my friend, the truth. [Well, there is a way, but, I'll let Monet work on it. Ha.]
    Last edited by Garnabby; 05-17-2022 at 02:21 PM.

Originally Posted by ZenKinG View Post
    Once again, I travel to California and get my ass beat hahahha. I'm now down -9810 in 59.5 hours there all time. I know of no counters that have won at Yaamava(San Manuel) or Morongo. I know none that have been backed off at any of these places. NONE of these places sweat the money at all. I split tens like it's going out of style in the hi limit room, no one cares. I backcount all day obvious as hell, no one cares. What's the catch? Who has won here? NO ONE
    Btw, Zen, what is it that you exactly think they are doing? Pulling 10s and As out of the shoe?

Have you checked out the double deck games? Seems like you could tell in pretty short order on the hand held games if this was the case. If they are not pulling high cards, play the hand helds. Also, if they aren't pulling high cards on the hand helds, they probably aren't on the shoe games.

Then again, the probably do have expert card mechanics on staff for the hand helds to get you. Maybe they are pulling high cards from the shoes and employing card mechanics too??

Diabolical.

Thread Information