Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The anti-KJ hate team recruitement

Originally Posted by Vegas_lover View Post
    No I don't think Trump is being impeded.
    That's amazing.

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post

That'll be a very small factor. Most working and retired Americans care very little about the trade war with China, illegal greaseballs from Mexico, or anything else that doesn't directly affect THEM. What they see is more money in their weekly paychecks, lower taxes, job security, and an EXPLOSION in their 401k's and market accounts.

How Trump worked that magic was with all his ancillary policies, but the people don't care about all that. They just want to be doing better, and he's given them that in spades. Regardless of all the BS you hear from the media, working & retired Democratic's are doing just as well as working & retired Republicans. And NONE of these people are gonna be stupid enough to vote their cash and security cow out on election day 2020.
    Ron, what's for certain though is how there were people who did not hesitate to impede Trump's ability to do his job through non-stop barrages of false narratives such as the Russiagate B.S. - their agenda was much more important than allowing a president to do stuff to help the country. What evil fucks they are.
    You mean like all the nasty shit the Republicans did for 8 years while Obama was President? Check...... You people are so fucking delusional this website should actually be called "The Funny Farm". Trump didn't accomplish jack shit but destroy America's credibility world wide and blow up the deficit. The only objective the Republican party had during Obama's presidency was to block everything he tried to accomplish and they didn't even hide it. And now you all cry like a bunch of fucking babies because of how unfair Trump is being treated. You Trumpists really are a (bad) joke.

Well there was one thing the Republicans blocked Obama on that I am very grateful for, that SCOTUS seat in his lame duck session.
    Last edited by BoSox; 09-10-2019 at 01:54 PM.

That's amazing.
    And I'm not at all surprised this is the only thing you respond to….All you Trumpists do is deflect from all the stupid shit the orange buffoon has already pulled. You brush off all his lies and false claims but blame democrats and the so called "fake news". Meanwhile Fox and the Trump administration keep shovelling shit like there's no tomorrow. This would actually all be pretty funny if it wasn't so pathetic. Trumpists are a disgrace to a once great America.

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    I'm no "expert on Wov," and I surely never made such a claim. That's a straw man argument, which you resort to rather frequently. What I do claim is to know what happened pretty much precisely in that 48 hour period when the political threads got banned, and that's because I was right in the mix of it.

I recommend reading the thread that was locked. Either mickey is reporting the truth or I am. If something like that matters to you, read the sequence of events. Easy peasy.
    Thank you for recommending I read The Gay Thread. I had avoided reading it before because I only have so many hours in a day and can't read everything. It turns out that quote Shack made of Babs in the Suspension List thread was just a snippet of a much larger offensive post Babs made in the Gay Thread.

That thread started on 8/12 at 10:30 AM. Third post in the Wizard warned against any hate speech. That was proof right there that Wizard would be watching that thread closely. The righties remained civil throughout the 12 page thread. But it didn't take long for the fireworks to start coming from the left.

Just a few hours in Romes, a lefty, on page 3, called EB a bigot and a douche. Shortly after Wizard announced Romes would be suspended.

Then a little while later, on page 6, Poker Grinder calls EB a homophobic bigot. Wizard then suspends PG and asks if anyone else would like to join the list

Then a little while later it was YOU, redietz, not Babs, that complained about quoting someone else's "hate speech" to avoid being banned. The problem with your narrative is that Wizard, watching the thread closely, did not consider MaxPen's statement to be hate speech. He let it stand. So it is you who is the strawman.

Shortly after your post Wizard announced Poker Grinder would be banned then asked if anyone would like to join the list. Shortly after that Babs made her highly offensive post, starting out with asking to be banned to.

A little after that, government mooch, BillRyan, usiing the word shit, asked to be suspended to. To which the Wizard obliged, suspending him for profanity.

The next day Wizard banned Babs using just a small quote from her post insulting AZD. Here's the thread so anyone can read it and make up their own mind.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...0wLWmgzIeE7oWt

So the question is: Was Wizard, as you say, just honoring Babs request or did she really do something he felt she needed to be suspended for? Let's go to the Discussion II about the Suspension List thread, to page 304.

On 8/19, six days after the Gay Thread was closed Wizard requoted Babs offensive post and said this:

"I hate to have to make this post, but I am left with no better choices. Let me make it clear that one of the duties on an Administrator is to set an example of acceptable public behavior. The biggest problem in running this forum, probably any forum, is personal insults. If one cannot obey a rule prohibiting it, one should not be in a position of enforcing it.

That said, I am making a public warning to Babs that the quote above was in violation of forum rules and if it is repeated in the near future, stronger action will be taken.

Normally that post would result in an immediate demotion as administrator, but I am weighing it against her many years of good and loyal service. Hopefully, with the new rules against touchy subjects we can put this incident behind us."

This is the public rebuke Babs has been needing for two years.

A short while later, in a terse response Babs says "I acknowledge this warning, thank you for also acknowledging my many years of service."

That was it. No apology. No "I'll try to do better in the future." No nothing. Not really respectful of Shack at all. But I know that spot Shack is in. It's hard to find lackey's that will work for nothing.

Here's the link to the Discussion about the Suspension List thread. You can read it yourself, page 304. Oh, that's right, redietz. You were there. You already know it all.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...lsOPY3y7f9Kdqf

Oh, and 4 lefties suspended in the Gay Thread, zero righties, so there goes your theory about reigning in the offensive righties.
    Let's try this again. At no point did I say Babs was suspended for asking to be suspended. She responded to Shackleford's query of "Anybody else?" with something like, "As a matter of fact, me." Shackleford did not suspend her at that point, so Babs commented on a post with a "personal attack," thereby triggering Shackleford to ban her. She clearly meant to do so. I think she thought he would suspend her for saying "Me," but when he didn't, she commented.

I also never said "offensive righties." In that thread, it's clear more lefties were suspended, primarily because -- and I hope you'll back me up on this -- the righties were placing the hate speech that had gotten other righties suspended in their posts. Since these were considered quotes, the hate speech was allowed. That was what led me, who said I didn't know the rules and such, to ask what the rules were. This led Babs and others to comment that the righties were tiptoeing up to the line by placing the hate speech that got others banned into the posts as quotes to be discussed, commented upon, and so on.

As to the right or left leanings of WoV, it's pretty easy to just profile the top 10 posters as listed on the site, put them into right, left, or neutral categories, and then add up the total posts (as also listed on the site) by the lefties, righties, or neutral. I counted Axel as a neutral. I'm not sure that is accurate, but that's my perception. When you tally up the top 10 righties, lefties, and neutrals, the righties have more posts. I think the mods, by American standards (not international standards, which would probably be more appropriate for that site), lean left. And they are faced with a majority of posts by righties. Therefore it appears or can be characterized as left mods having a bias against right posters. I think that has to do with the math -- most posts are by righties, the mods are lefties. That doesn't make the site some lefty sanctum sanctorum.

And again, that site should be judged by international standards, not American.

I also recommend people read the entire thread. My announcing of a self ban, given the weird rules, may have contributed to the owner vetoing political threads.

Mickey is consistently mischaracterizing the events of those 48 hours, for whatever reason. I notice he skips the parts where the righties are putting the hate speech in quotes, he skips the part where I ask questions, which clearly frames me as someone who is not a longtime WoV expert, and he skips the fact that my self banning and Babs purposefully causing a suspension, which is exactly what she did, were what prompted the owners to eliminate political threads. Mickey gotten into partial reportage in the service of whatever argument he's making.

The best thing about Trump being elected--and getting re-elected--is watching the collection of lies the libtards come up with just so they can believe them and cope. vegas_lover is in serious need of a safe space....and please make sure that TV only works on CNN and MSLSD. If they hear the truth they go ballistic and require someone from UC Berkeley come over and read them some poetry.

Man up, pussy. You're gonna have to go thru it all over again next year!

Here's a thought. Let's identify tomorrow as the official Chick-Fil-A day for Canada and the US. Why not? Aren't they one of the top fast food restaurants in the world....while not even being opened on Sundays? And if you've ever dined at these clean restaurants, you're greeted by and served by mainly happy white people who look like they've been trained at the Mormon Temple in Salt Lake City! What a DIFFERENCE from being greeted by some grouchy, fat, ugly minority at Jack In The Box or Burger King.

So let's all celebrate this great, Christian, man & woman-marriage-only, food organization that constantly gets protested by nutjobs like vegas_lover, yet seems to stay at the top regardless.

Hmmmmm......sounds kinda like how Trump does it

Had CFA once. It was good but over priced. I don't give a shit about their religious beliefs. Just sell a good product.

That's amazing.
    And I'm not at all surprised this is the only thing you respond to….All you Trumpists do is deflect from all the stupid shit the orange buffoon has already pulled. You brush off all his lies and false claims but blame democrats and the so called "fake news". Meanwhile Fox and the Trump administration keep shovelling shit like there's no tomorrow. This would actually all be pretty funny if it wasn't so pathetic. Trumpists are a disgrace to a once great America.
    Obama signed off on TARP so that the banksters could get bailed out via tax payer dollars. We did not get to vote on it. So banksters created interest-only loans and the sub-prime mortgage crisis, and then made huge bets on these loan instruments (tranched up loans). When they lost (due to inevitable loan/mortgage defaults on a large percentage of these loans), they got tax payer money to bail them out since Obama signed off on TARP as mentioned above. The media hardly touched this. Whereas with no proof whatsoever, Russiagate was conducted and the media went on a blood bath. The disparity in the degree of impediment between the two presidents is massive. The damage done by TARP to most of the US population was incredible (interest rates must be kept near zero or the economy will implode due to all the debt the government had to buy up). It dwarfs anything that Trump has done.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post

Shumer and Pelosi both agree with his actions on China. It's the hard left that is trying to use it as a political tool.
    If Trump does get re-elected, I think his actions on China will have been the main factor (whereas healthcare seemed to be the biggest factor in his 2016 election to the presidency).
    That'll be a very small factor. Most working and retired Americans care very little about the trade war with China, illegal greaseballs from Mexico, or anything else that doesn't directly affect THEM. What they see is more money in their weekly paychecks, lower taxes, job security, and an EXPLOSION in their 401k's and market accounts.

How Trump worked that magic was with all his ancillary policies, but the people don't care about all that. They just want to be doing better, and he's given them that in spades. Regardless of all the BS you hear from the media, working & retired Democratic's are doing just as well as working & retired Republicans. And NONE of these people are gonna be stupid enough to vote their cash and security cow out on election day 2020.
    For once, I am in 100 percent with Rob. Gains on the 401K is my mantra. I am semi retired and my goal is to maximize my earnings in the 401K. My wife is fully retired and is looking forward to good stock market returns.

We have had over 2 1/2 years with the new president. He has definitely made a point of moving the market. But what are the numbers?

The best way to compare is to take the first 20 months for Obama (first and second term) versus Trump January 1st though August 31st, (Yes, I know the inauguration date is January 20th).

As an independent, I do not give a rat's ass as to how the numbers evolved. I was surprised. I worked the numbers for both the Dow Jones and the Standard & Poors.

Dow Jones: Obama (first 20 months) 12.9 percent annualized growth. Trump 10.0 percent. Obama (second term. first 20 months) 9.1 percent.

Standard and Poors: Obama 12.9 percent. Trump 9.0 percent. Obama (second term) 13.2 percent.

Whole I agree the present administration has done things to invigorate the economy, if one relies only on their retirement 401K, the numbers are interesting.

Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Well there was one thing the Republicans blocked Obama on that I am very grateful for, that SCOTUS seat in his lame duck session.
    Very disappointing to see you post this BoSox. I too had concerns that a 3rd Obama pick was going to change the supreme court and for years to come. But that doesn't mean you change the rules. The constitution says the president has the responsibility to fill any Supreme Court Vacancy. There is no mention of any "lame duck period". That was nonsense that Mitch McConnel and the republicans came up with to circumvent the constitution and the law.

Technically, every second term president becomes a lame duck president on January 21 of his second term.

These things always come back to bite those that implement them changing the rules for their own benefit.

So let's just suppose that President Trump eeks out a victory and wins a second term. In the process the Republicans lose senate seats in Colorado (likely) and Arizona and Maine (both currently rated as toss-ups), resulting in democratic control of the senate. In February, lets say Supreme court Justice Thomas passes away, resulting in a 4-4 deadlock. Trump picks a replacement and Senate Leader Schumer, refuses to have a hearing and vote of a pick from a "lame duck president". Your going to be okay with that, Bosox?

I expect everyone with at least half a brain believes Ruth Bader Ginsburg is going to pass on before the end of this year.

The Senate will never go to the democrats. The ones in there right now all have Trump Derangement Syndrome. People have had enough of their stupidity.

My announcing of a self ban, given the weird rules, may have contributed to the owner vetoing political threads.
    lol

Redietz, in your mind you're a martyr when in reality you're a pimple on a donkey's ass lol.

If it strokes your ego to believe that you actually played a part in the owner's decision, go ahead and keep believing that.

KewlJ wrote:

Very disappointing to see you post this BoSox. I too had concerns that a 3rd Obama pick was going to change the supreme court and for years to come. But that doesn't mean you change the rules.

KJ, in case you missed the memo the Lib-tards are currently threatening the court to start making decisions favorable to their party, "blackmail" or they will make changes to the court by possibly adding to the nine current seats makeup. Politics, is flat out fought dirty, in fact, dirty as you can get. The Democratic Party plays a dirty game better than anyone on the planet with a long track record to prove it. Unfortunately, the other side must at times, fight fire with fire, in order to survive.
    Last edited by BoSox; 09-11-2019 at 04:02 AM.

Let's try this again. At no point did I say Babs was suspended for asking to be suspended. She responded to Shackleford's query of "Anybody else?" with something like, "As a matter of fact, me." Shackleford did not suspend her at that point, so Babs commented on a post with a "personal attack," thereby triggering Shackleford to ban her. She clearly meant to do so. I think she thought he would suspend her for saying "Me," but when he didn't, she commented.
    Redietz, quit trying to baffle people with bullshit. You are not good at it. You are just making the shit up on the fly. You want to keep lying I'll keep busting you out on it. Take a look at the pics below.

At 8:25 PM Shack announced PG would be suspended aND asked if anyone else wanted it. At 9:40 PM Babs responded with Yes.......Me, then went on her tirade. ALL IN THE SAME POST, Redietz. Though she said something about hate speech she said nothing about righties quoting others to get away it. To you lefties, redietz, any speech that does not fit your ideology is hate speech. Wizard did not suspend any righty in that thread for hate speech. The hate speech thing is your own concoction.

In his very next post the Wizard immediately suspended Babs. Babs never made another post in the thread. And Redietz, you've ignored the Wizard's public rebuke of her six days later. Another thing you don't know is that was not the first time she openly insulted AZD. She did it numerous times in the political threads but got away with it up to that point because of her moderator status....and the fact that Wizard wasn't watching at that point.

The political threads were Babs babies. Wizard didn't pay attention to it for a long time. Babs set a clear pattern of keeping the righties on a short string but letting the lefties get away with it. Then one day Wizard jumped in and suspended a lefty that Babs should have but didn't. That was a clear tipoff that Shack was now watching things. He suspended another lefty after Babs wouldn't. In the gay thread he let people know a change would be coming.

I had to put Babs entire post in two pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 09-11-2019 at 04:31 AM.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

KJ, would you do us all a favor and quit saying you are center right. Everyone knows it's a lie. So you don't have to pretend anymore.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

KJ, would you do us all a favor and quit saying you are center right. Everyone knows it's a lie. So you don't have to pretend anymore.
    Mickey, I am a fiscal conservative in favor of paying off the debt and smaller government. On other issues, I am in favor of freedom. The government should be staying out of most things in our lives including who loves who, sleeps with who, lives with who.

The Republican party used to stand for and share all my idealisms. It isn't me that changed. First the republican party got in bed (joined forced with) the religious right abandoning the principle of separation of church and state in which this country was founded. This allowed people like Rick Santorum and all the so called Christian leaders to take control and set policy.

Next, the Republican party abandoned their fiscal conservatism, which has been a cornerstone of the party. George W Bush, spent like a democrat and grew the debt more than any other president up to that time. Obama has since passed him. And Trump is on pace to even pass Obama.

Besides spending, nothing about Trump is a republican, none of his values. And for good reason, he is not a republican. He latched on to that party and pretended to adopt some key positions so that he could hijack the party. And that is exactly what he did.

It isn't me that changed Mickey, it is the republican party. And the only good that I can see coming from it, is that when this is all over and Trump walks away into the sunset, leaving a republican party in a heap of ashes, beyond repair, a new conservative party, maybe called Republican, maybe called something else, a real conservative party will emerge. And this new party will be about real conservatism, fiscal responsibility, small government, staying out of people's lives as much as possible. And they won't exclude people because of race, religion or who they sleep with. It will truly be about conservative values. That will be a great day for America and the conservative values. Unfortunately in order to rise from the ashes, you have to burn down the mess that we have now and get rid of the clown that hijacked the party.

Although redietz keeps getting caught in his own trap here--which is true poetic justice in and of itself--there is most likely a strategic reason for it. We've all noticed how this self-proclaimed "sportsbettor's sportsbettor" has been a legend in his own mind covering 20-40 years ago, or whatever silly meaningless period he keeps coming up with. Yet he NEVER posts any of his so-called "professional picks" prior to the start of any game. But get ready for a flurry of solicitations for money for his sure-thing locks. It's what he does.

I really wish people would stop harping about paying off debt in an inflationary fiat money system. It is impossible to do when money is debt. More debt=More money. Without debt there would be no money. Let's change the system and return to real money instead.

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    Mickey, I am a fiscal conservative in favor of paying off the debt and smaller government. On other issues, I am in favor of freedom. The government should be staying out of most things in our lives including who loves who, sleeps with who, lives with who.

The Republican party used to stand for and share all my idealisms. It isn't me that changed. First the republican party got in bed (joined forced with) the religious right abandoning the principle of separation of church and state in which this country was founded. This allowed people like Rick Santorum and all the so called Christian leaders to take control and set policy.

Next, the Republican party abandoned their fiscal conservatism, which has been a cornerstone of the party. George W Bush, spent like a democrat and grew the debt more than any other president up to that time. Obama has since passed him. And Trump is on pace to even pass Obama.

Besides spending, nothing about Trump is a republican, none of his values. And for good reason, he is not a republican. He latched on to that party and pretended to adopt some key positions so that he could hijack the party. And that is exactly what he did.

It isn't me that changed Mickey, it is the republican party. And the only good that I can see coming from it, is that when this is all over and Trump walks away into the sunset, leaving a republican party in a heap of ashes, beyond repair, a new conservative party, maybe called Republican, maybe called something else, a real conservative party will emerge. And this new party will be about real conservatism, fiscal responsibility, small government, staying out of people's lives as much as possible. And they won't exclude people because of race, religion or who they sleep with. It will truly be about conservative values. That will be a great day for America and the conservative values. Unfortunately in order to rise from the ashes, you have to burn down the mess that we have now and get rid of the clown that hijacked the party.
    KJ, If you don't like the repubs anymore you should REALLY hate the dems then.

Democrats do not share your ideal of staying out of most things in our lives.

True, many republicans are Christians but they have not got in bed with any "religious right". They could care less who you sleep with or love. Santorum? He hasn't even been in Congress since 2007. Take control and set policy? Get over it!

True, Bush spent like a democrat. "Obama has since passed him" ?? Gee you're really tough on the democrat there. And trump will not pass Obama.

Yes, the republican party has gone left, my dads democrat party from my youth is WAY to the right of present day republicans. I don't like that either. But basically you are saying, I don't like trump, the repubs abandoned fiscal conservatism so I'm going to vote democrat? Yeah that will keep govt. out of your life and keep spending down........

Originally Posted by dannyj View Post

KJ, If you don't like the repubs anymore you should REALLY hate the dems then.

Democrats do not share your ideal of staying out of most things in our lives.
    I don't "hate" anybody dannyj, no person, no group of people like a political party. Hate is a cancer that destroys people. Usually hate is based on some sort of jealousy or just because someone appears different an if you take the time to talk and get to know that person, more often than not you will find you have much more in common that differences.

I may not like what a person or party stands for, or even what a person does....say trolling behavior on a forum, or worse yet, intentionally misleading other players with bullshit mathematically impossible claims, but I still don't "hate" anyone. Or I may hate that some forum owner isn't big enough to admit his mistake, but I don't hate anyone. And I will never hate a group of people, whether political party, or group of people like Latinos or middle eastern decent. There are good and bad people in all groups and I try to judge people individually based on their actions and words.

AS far as democrats, I have been registered independent, democrat and now republican and despite what mickey says, I consider myself an independent. I look at candidates for each office and vote according to who closest shares my values that has a chance to win. Those last 6 words are important because often a libertarian or other third party candidate is closest to my values, but I won't just throw my vote away. So I am forced to vote for who is closest to sharing my values that has a reasonable expectation of winning.

Ideally, I should be registered independent, but the problem with that is you are locked out primaries and the process of selecting candidates. You have to let others select the candidates and then pick from that group. I prefer to be part of that process.
    Last edited by kewlJ; 09-11-2019 at 10:17 AM.

Thread Information