Thread: Buffet check at Rincon and 7 Stars Companion

This past Sunday Gwen and I went to Rincon. Our main purpose was to get Gwen my "companion 7 Stars card" for 2015.

For those of you unfamiliar, there really aren't many benefits tied to the companion card. Basically it allows the card holder to use the 7 Stars courtesy lines. The companion card holder still has their own account number. And the companion cannot access the free play or comps of the "master" 7 Stars player.

We decided to try the buffet in part because 7 Stars get free buffets. That's when Gwen found out she could not use my benefits.

Gwen got to the buffet before I did. She waved her brand new, gleaming 7 Stars Companion card -- and the first thing she was asked was if she wanted to pay with a credit card or use her Reward Credits.

When I arrived I showed my master 7 Stars card and we were seated. No charge because of the free buffets that I get.

Trust me on this -- the Rincon buffet is nothing compared to the buffet at Caesars Palace. It was okay but okay on the mediocre side.

The Sunday morning eggs benedict looked old and stale. The New England Clam Chowder wasn't hot enough. The salads looked wilted. Gwen had some roast beef and shrimp and she said the shrimp was good. Overall she said it was worth the price IF we had to pay that price. And that was a compliment coming from Gwen who adores Nobu and Bobby Flay's place at Caesars.

I don't eat much at buffets, so next time I'll go back to my usual meal in the Cafe (the 24 hour restaurant there) which is pretty good.

By the way, when I signed the papers for Gwen to be my companion (and it was like a marriage contract and we are stuck together for the next year -- with no way out) it also had a line about a companion card for Diamond players. I knew nothing about this. Any info on this? My son was a high level Diamond last year.

do you mean the diamond aspiration II card ? when diamond players hit 80,000 they get a companion card too.. with less benefits than the SS companion card...
    ASPIRATION Level 2: 80,000 Tier Credits
    Retreat with four complimentary nights and $750 airfare credit
    Companion Card to share your priority service benefits with a friend (valid through March 31, 2016)
    5,000 Tier Credits towards your 2016 Tier Score
    Four Happy Half Hour tickets for the High Roller in Las Vegas

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    This past Sunday Gwen and I went to Rincon. Our main purpose was to get Gwen my "companion 7 Stars card" for 2015.

For those of you unfamiliar, there really aren't many benefits tied to the companion card. Basically it allows the card holder to use the 7 Stars courtesy lines. The companion card holder still has their own account number. And the companion cannot access the free play or comps of the "master" 7 Stars player.

We decided to try the buffet in part because 7 Stars get free buffets. That's when Gwen found out she could not use my benefits.

Gwen got to the buffet before I did. She waved her brand new, gleaming 7 Stars Companion card -- and the first thing she was asked was if she wanted to pay with a credit card or use her Reward Credits.

When I arrived I showed my master 7 Stars card and we were seated. No charge because of the free buffets that I get.

Trust me on this -- the Rincon buffet is nothing compared to the buffet at Caesars Palace. It was okay but okay on the mediocre side.

The Sunday morning eggs benedict looked old and stale. The New England Clam Chowder wasn't hot enough. The salads looked wilted. Gwen had some roast beef and shrimp and she said the shrimp was good. Overall she said it was worth the price IF we had to pay that price. And that was a compliment coming from Gwen who adores Nobu and Bobby Flay's place at Caesars.

I don't eat much at buffets, so next time I'll go back to my usual meal in the Cafe (the 24 hour restaurant there) which is pretty good.

By the way, when I signed the papers for Gwen to be my companion (and it was like a marriage contract and we are stuck together for the next year -- with no way out) it also had a line about a companion card for Diamond players. I knew nothing about this. Any info on this? My son was a high level Diamond last year.
    For 30 years, the last several of which are low level diamond, I simply have given my wife (or for the first 15 years girlfriend) one of my cards and she has never had any issue. I never had a companion card, at any level. Just a duplicate of my card.

Regnis I had a similar experience for years. Rarely does anyone look at the name on the card at the taxi line or the restaurant lines. But at the cage "Sally" couldn't show "John's card" for a credit card transaction, and you certainly need your own card at the Total Rewards desk or at hotel registration.

Gold
    Does anyone know if my husband who has my 7 star companion card and makes 7 star himself this year is he entitled to all the benefits of 7 star or do I have to remove him from my companion card before he will get the 7 star perks?
    Last edited by Nash; 04-21-2015 at 09:22 PM.

His benefits come from his account. Once he makes 7 Stars he goes to TR and gets his own 7 Stars card.

The only benefit he gets now from the companion card is line-cutting privileges.

Unfortunately you can only assign one companion a year. If you already made him your companion, you can't give it to your sister-in-law, mother-in-law or boyfriend :-)

If you haven't given it to him yet, don't.

You cannot rescind a companion either.

You sign a document that says you are stuck for a year.

Last year I gave my companion card to Diane. Who is Diane? I forgot.

I agree the Rincon buffet is very mediocre.

I usually have pasta from the pasta station (at least they're making it for you fresh), and then just grab various random things so I don't go away hungry.

I wouldn't pay much for it if I didn't get it free.

I believe the buffet was also responsible for giving me the worst stomach flu I ever had in my life, in January 2014. That resulted in extreme dehydration, causing me to faint the next day at Caesars Palace and break 3 ribs. Took 11 weeks to heal.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Thread Information