Thread: Glitched UX

Not mine (encountered it surfing the web), but thought folks who play this would find it interesting (especially The LID and Barney) . . .
    Now I know why people hold all five cards when dealt a premium hand that can't be improved by a card from the deck.

The person is betting only one hand and the bet is 51 quarters (as you know 10 quarters should be the maximum allowable bet per hand and at a ten quarter bet all hands must be played) ?! Also, the person should have gotten their 51 quarter bet back since they drew two pair (and the game is DDB).

You'll see these oddities when there is a "minimum bet" indicated in the lower right corner. If you see this, DO NOT PLAY IT!!!

In the picture above, if the player bets 51 on that hand, they still only get paid the 3x of the original pay. So if they end up with 2 pair, they STILL only win 15 quarters!
    Last edited by jbjb; 02-26-2019 at 07:33 AM.

Originally Posted by jbjb View Post
    You'll see these oddities when there is a "minimum bet" indicated in the lower right corner. If you see this, DO NOT PLAY IT!!!

In the picture above, if the player bets 51 on that hand, they still only get paid the 3x of the original pay. So if they end up with 2 pair, they STILL only win 15 quarters!
    Thanks JBJB. It looks as though the queen of hearts was held and then two pair was the result. If this is correct, then the person should have gotten paid (15 quarters), however they didn't get paid anything (I mistakenly wrote that they should receive their 51 quarter bet back because I figured wrongly that this put the game in straight up, but buggy, non-UX mode, but it is still in UX mode during this buggy state).

My guess was this hand was from another denomination. If the pay table is the same, the same hand will show on all denominations. I don't think a bet was made yet with these multipliers up because there is no money in the machine.

I first noticed this on a nickel triple play with a $1.00 min bet. It allowed 7, 8, 9 or 10 credits per hand but still only paid as if 5 were bet. Again, avoid these unless playing the game straight up.
    Last edited by jbjb; 02-26-2019 at 08:04 AM.

It might be payable if found with many high paying multipliers. Math might get complicated though.

It might be payable if found with many high paying multipliers. Math might get complicated though.
    Thanks again JBJB - yes, different denominations is a good possibility. I'm thinking the average multiplier would have to be ~5.2X (assumes a 5 coin base game payout no matter how many coins are bet) depending on the base game paytable to make it an advantage play. Anyhow, what we know for certain is that 51 coins displayed in the bet per hand box is quite a bug - 10 should be the highest observable number in that box. Also, this bug might allow the player to switch to the highest denomination to play the off the next hand multipliers (as opposed to playing them off on the denomination which initiated them as would normally be the case)- worth a try if one finds this situation as one does not have to make the bet if this is not the case.

I wonder if gaming has seen this. Again though, you'll only see this on machines with a minimum bet listed.

I wonder if gaming has seen this. Again though, you'll only see this on machines with a minimum bet listed.
    Good question - it's all a big blank since who knows under what jurisdiction/state this occurred (i.e which gambling entity should be notified ?).
    I will definitely be taking your advice and not playing these minimum bet ones if I should ever encounter them (but if I encounter the bug on a non-minimum bet machine I will try to play off the multiplier(s) at the highest denomination which may not be the denomination which triggered the multipliers) .

If you ever see it on a non-min bet game, get a picture. I've never seen it.

Think you got that off Twitter @playwithanedge1. I saw it today as well

This is Barney,

The LID and me just got out of a two week stint in slammer for looking for happy ending but I found post very, very interesting. The LID have never seen such a phenomenon on the on the video pokers but has recently ran into a few glitches where the previous personage has not hit any winner but got a 2X or even a 7X on next hand but left the Ult X video pokers machine for some reason. Each time the LID found machine in such a state he did not vulture it but played it straight ups hoping that if he would bust on next hand he would still be a winners. He told me that on each occasion of the glitch the machine did not continue with the glitches so he just played it out or created his own vulture situation, played it and quit. This quirk has been noticed a few times in the past few months and even occurred a few times on the one line video pokers devices.

Here is a picture of the LID with some other personage getting pinched at the temporary dating facility:

Originally Posted by Barney View Post
    Here is a picture of the LID with some other personage getting pinched at the temporary dating facility:
    I thought they decriminalized that shit. Guess not.

The LID have never seen such a phenomenon on the on the video pokers but has recently ran into a few glitches where the previous personage has not hit any winner but got a 2X or even a 7X on next hand but left the Ult X video pokers machine for some reason.
    I hope The LID takes note of which normally non-multiplier-generating hands cause multipliers to get generated.

I've seen something similar. It was on a nickel triple play and the min bet was $1.00. I decided to play 21 coins ( $1.05) which is 7 coins per line. I hit a 3 of a kind and was paid for a 2 coin bet. It looks like if you more than 5 coins per line but less than 10 coins per line, the game ignores the first 5 coins per line. If I can find the picture I will post it.

The solution to this is if you play a min bet UX machine and the min bet is more than 5 coins per line, either bet the max or skip the game.

The LID have never seen such a phenomenon on the on the video pokers but has recently ran into a few glitches where the previous personage has not hit any winner but got a 2X or even a 7X on next hand but left the Ult X video pokers machine for some reason.
    Hey Barney, I found one 2nite during my usual daily UX vulturing activities. Someone (maybe Mr. Red Rock was in town) made a bonehead hold on 6/5 Bonus Poker (JA7 of spades were held - which is never a hold on any conventional bonus poker paytable) and it generated an 8x multiplier without hitting the required straight to generate the 8x multiplier (impossible to make a straight from the 3 to a flush bonehead hold). For the curious, I did not brick the 8x - I think I hit a two pair on it. So when you get JA7 spades suited hold it with a 10 coin bet on 3-hand 6/5 bonus poker UX ;-)
    Maybe we should start a database of bonehead holds that generate these things ;-).
    Name:  scratch_hand_8x.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  179.4 KB

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Hey Barney, I found one 2nite during my usual daily UX vulturing activities. Someone (maybe Mr. Red Rock was in town) made a bonehead hold on 6/5 Bonus Poker (JA7 of spades were held - which is never a hold on any conventional bonus poker paytable) and it generated an 8x multiplier without hitting the required straight to generate the 8x multiplier (impossible to make a straight from the 3 to a flush bonehead hold). For the curious, I did not brick the 8x - I think I hit a two pair on it. So when you get JA7 spades suited hold it with a 10 coin bet on 3-hand 6/5 bonus poker UX ;-)
    Maybe we should start a database of bonehead holds that generate these things ;-).
    Holding 3 suited cards is normal strategy in many UX games when betting 10 credits.

As for the 8x on a losing hand. I'm fairly certain that same hand shows up on the other denominations on that machine as long as the pay table is the same. I'll take a look around tomorrow.

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Holding 3 suited cards is normal strategy in many UX games when betting 10 credits.

As for the 8x on a losing hand. I'm fairly certain that same hand shows up on the other denominations on that machine as long as the pay table is the same. I'll take a look around tomorrow.
    JBJB, thanks for setting me straight (pun intended) regarding this hold. I have never played UX straight up, so I forgot about the 11x multiplier that the player goes for by making his/her flush from the 3-draw (in other words, I am the bonehead) when betting 10 coins. You're right about the same final hand showing up for all denominations if the maximum number of hands played (three hands in this case) and paytable (6/5) are the same. So someone played a 10 cent 3-hander and made their straight generating the next-hand 8x multiplier presumably (we will never know for sure since the event is wiped clean by a deal-draw at a different denomination but I'm fine with assuming that's the case). At some point after this, with the next hand/unused 8x still up for grabs (thank god that people like this exist), someone (maybe the same someone) played a different denomination 3-handed game of 6/5 Bonus poker and did not make their flush off of the spade-suited JA7 3-to-a-flush draw (there could have been 1 or more intervening plays in between these events of course).

Cheers, TP.

Thread Information