Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pennsylvania AP opportunity

The reason he (and Mastriano) won the nomination is because something close to a majority of Pennsylvanian Republicans are stupid, which if I don't dispute that a majority of Pennsylvanian voters are stupid, makes total sense.

I think it's only in a state where the majority of voters are stupid that you could end up with a Far Left AOC/Bernie supporting stroke victim who could barely form a coherent sentence even before his stroke (though he is a nice guy, in my opinion) beating a carpetbagger who only won the nomination in the first place because he got the votes of people who would vote for Larry Craig, if Larry Craig moved to PA and Trump told them to do it.

Scratch that, replace Larry Craig with Bill Cosby above.

Shit, Cosby's even a Pennsylvanian and it's a funnier joke.

Originally Posted by Mission146 View Post

I am proud, proud I tell you, to be a native son of a state that featured such selfless public servants as John Perzel, Budd Dwyer (https://vanyaland.com/2017/08/15/198...sic-memorials/ ), and Frank Rizzo (my personal favorite and yours). All Americans should be so lucky and entertained.

God bless Pennsylvanians!

Originally Posted by redietz View Post

I am proud, proud I tell you, to be a native son of a state that featured such selfless public servants as John Perzel, Budd Dwyer (https://vanyaland.com/2017/08/15/198...sic-memorials/ ), and Frank Rizzo (my personal favorite and yours). All Americans should be so lucky and entertained.

I was not familiar with Budd Dwyer. That was before my time, but the reading I just did, he blew his brains out at a press conference on live TV, that is some sick shit!

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post

I was not familiar with Budd Dwyer. That was before my time, but the reading I just did, he blew his brains out at a press conference on live TV, that is some sick shit!
    Yes, falling on your sword on live television is quite rare these days. But the man did all taxpaying Pennsylvanians a favor. He saved us oodles of taxpayer dollars by avoiding trials and incarceration and all that. He is to be commended. Had to clean off some camera lenses, but a small price to pay. A step better than Perzel -- all I remember about him is that I usually spelled his name wrong and he got tagged with a then record number of felony charges for a lawmaker -- 80-some, I think.

There was a small bridge named after Dwyer. I wonder if they renamed it after his press conference. I need to find that out someday.

And no matter what the Dems do to the Trumpster, Trump looks like a piker compared to Perzel. If there was money to be had, Perzel figured out a way to get his hands on it.

Yes, falling on your sword on live television is quite rare these days. But the man did all taxpaying Pennsylvanians a favor. He saved us oodles of taxpayer dollars by avoiding trials and incarceration and all that. He is to be commended. Had to clean off some camera lenses, but a small price to pay. A step better than Perzel -- all I remember about him is that I usually spelled his name wrong and he got tagged with a then record number of felony charges for a lawmaker -- 80-some, I think.

There was a small bridge named after Dwyer. I wonder if they renamed it after his press conference. I need to find that out someday.

And no matter what the Dems do to the Trumpster, Trump looks like a piker compared to Perzel. If there was money to be had, Perzel figured out a way to get his hands on it.
    Didn't his wife get a pension on his behalf because he died in office?

Originally Posted by Seedvalue View Post

Bro wut ?

The guys not all there I’m talking about the guy you voted for on the day of the election. It’s not even close between who could do the job Better at this point. No one gives a fuck about what you did yesterday. It’s all about who can do the best job today and going forward. All this shit just once again shows how lazy and stupid people have become. I mean PA voted a dead guy for office ahahahhahahahahahaha. Let me guess it’s because of his past performance lol. Get the fuck out of here with this nonsense. If reasonable humans like you cannot see how absurd it is to vote in feathbread then what the fuck we going to do as a country? Continue to spiral out of control ? Stop it
    I didn't vote for Fetterman, as I have already said. Have you thought about reading posts before you respond to them?

Fetterman is a blue stamp; I don't know why this is so difficult for you. All he has to be mentally capable of doing is understanding the difference between the words, "Yay," and, "Nay," and picking the one that he is told to pick. In the unlikely event that he cannot rise to that menial task, then he can resign, and would be replaced by a different Democrat. That's why they voted for him.

I'm not arguing that Oz seems to be more aware/better at speaking, etc., than Fetterman. I concede that. That's why, in my reply to Mickey, I said I didn't understand why Fetterman would debate Oz under any set of conditions.

The choices were a guy who just had a stroke v. a TV Celebrity (quack) doctor who doesn't even live in the state that he purports to want to represent. Had Oz not been endorsed by Trump, then McCormick would have won the Primary and, most likely (especially assuming Fetterman still has a stroke), the Senate seat.

That's the problem. Both candidates had significant baggage and it was the choice for which pile of shit was least smelly.

If you want to know who's really to blame, here's a hint: He can generally be found at his resort in Florida.

I agree with you on why he lost and it proves my point. There’s a certain percentage of people that would gladly give up everything they have and live in poverty with 20 percent inflation to vote against trump. These people have a victim complex IMO. Social contagion is a real thing. I really don’t give a fuck personally It doesn’t effect my me. Sadly the ones who are most effected by politicians are the middle class and poor. Mostly the poor they are used by far left lunatics. Identity politics victim politics it’s all real fucked up for them. But whatever keep voting dead people into office lol.

Also just learning/reading about this story…

And according to multiple accounts I read, it wasn’t on live TV, however a couple news stations broadcast it UNEDITED on the 5 and 6 o clock news without warning viewers ahead. Knowingly broadcasting it unedited seems more bizarre than the public suicide itself.

Originally Posted by mcap View Post

Also just learning/reading about this story…

And according to multiple accounts I read, it wasn’t on live TV, however a couple news stations broadcast it UNEDITED on the 5 and 6 o clock news without warning viewers ahead. Knowingly broadcasting it unedited seems more bizarre than the public suicide itself.
    That was an infamous scene in "Faces of Death"

Didn't his wife get a pension on his behalf because he died in office?

Yes, that appeared to be the rationale. I don't know how or why he wound up in such tough financial straits.

I don't know how or why he wound up in such tough financial straits.
    LOL...what's this, plausible deniability, a guilty conscience, or both?
    Last edited by coach belly; 11-11-2022 at 03:55 PM.

The problem with your analogy is Trump was a multi-billionaire before being president. He worked his way to filthy rich before running for office. He didn't need or want for any money when in office. The assholes you describe get in office then get rich by hook or crook.

Trump is by far the most investigated person by the lamestream press in the history of our country. No one has been able to find any hard evidence of shady/corrupt business dealings. All you idiots have is innuendo and speculation.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    The assholes you describe get in office then get rich by hook or crook.
    By Hook or by Crook... We Will.

What a great show.
    I bought all the DvDs and watched every episode as fast as I could.
    I was hooked!

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    The assholes you describe get in office then get rich by hook or crook.
    By Hook or by Crook... We Will.

What a great show.
    I bought all the DvDs and watched every episode as fast as I could.
    I was hooked!

Thanks to PBS, I was able to watch and enjoy most of the episodes since they would air the episodes each week.

The problem with your analogy is Trump was a multi-billionaire before being president. He worked his way to filthy rich before running for office. He didn't need or want for any money when in office. The assholes you describe get in office then get rich by hook or crook.

Trump is by far the most investigated person by the lamestream press in the history of our country. No one has been able to find any hard evidence of shady/corrupt business dealings. All you idiots have is innuendo and speculation.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_University

Even the National Review called it a massive scam.

It isn't a scam though when you just declare bankruptcy multiple times. You're just fucking people over with your bad business decisions.

Trump may have worked for his millions but he was given an awful lot of them at the start.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

Originally Posted by Seedvalue View Post

I agree with you on why he lost and it proves my point. There’s a certain percentage of people that would gladly give up everything they have and live in poverty with 20 percent inflation to vote against trump. These people have a victim complex IMO. Social contagion is a real thing. I really don’t give a fuck personally It doesn’t effect my me. Sadly the ones who are most effected by politicians are the middle class and poor. Mostly the poor they are used by far left lunatics. Identity politics victim politics it’s all real fucked up for them. But whatever keep voting dead people into office lol.
    I tend to agree with Monet's broader point that it's mostly just bullshit anyway, so I tend to mostly agree with what you're saying---particularly about Democrats using the poor. If they cared anything about the poor, then they would have indexed Federal minimum wage to inflation long ago and nobody would ever even need to talk about it again.

These things are only of academic interest to me insofar as one person wins, one person loses and there are identifiable reasons why and things that should have been done differently that might have caused either the loser to win, or someone different to run, who would have beaten the winner or been more likely to do so.

Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_University

Even the National Review called it a massive scam.

It isn't a scam though when you just declare bankruptcy multiple times. You're just fucking people over with your bad business decisions.

Trump may have worked for his millions but he was given an awful lot of them at the start.

Mickey tends to overstep his bounds and underestimate others' familiarity with things -- it seems to be a broad pattern with The Mick.

I grew up with Trump in the local tabloids week in and week out. The New York Post, the Phila Daily News -- Trump was in these all the time. There were annual analyses of Trump's net worth versus his father's. His father's net worth magically went down year to year while Donald's went up. Gray area stuff, illegal stuff, transfer of this and that, it didn't fool anybody reading about it. It certainly didn't fool the New York, Philadelphia, or Atlantic City politicians. Civilians just shrugged their shoulders; that's how the rich do things the rest of us cannot.

I remember driving to the opening of the Taj Mahal with my friend John Mucha. We were both Trump fans (not as a politician, mind you). I had read a third party bio of Trump, and we listened to the bio on a books on tape during the four or five hour drive to the Taj. Taj opened; I think it was about 20 months until it declared bankruptcy. LOL. Trump had sold AC a bill of goods. No surprise to anyone who had followed him.

He used to get on the Howard Stern show and brag about his womanizing. We were Stern fans, too. He'd call (anonymously) into radio stations with gossip regarding who Donald Trump had banged. Didn't fool anybody. Great stuff. We loved him.

Meanwhile, I don't recall the precise amounts, but I think he averaged two lawsuits a week for 30 years screwing contractors who worked for/with him. No billionaire does that stuff, but he did. I happen to know someone who was in the room with Trumpster on speaker when he tried to get a loan in LV from the, ahem, entrepreneurial crowd. Funny stuff.

"Mr. Trump, we can give you the loan, but this isn't Atlantic City. You will need to furnish collateral."
    "My name is my collateral."

Repeated over and over for 15 minutes until Trump hung up on people you just generally do not hang up on.

The Trumpster has been a high end grifter his whole life. We AC/Phila folk just gave him the thumbs up and smiled. He was cool, and he banged hot women and got on Howard Stern. What not to like?

We never figured him for Prez. What a country!

He used to get on the Howard Stern show and brag about his womanizing. We were Stern fans, too. He'd call (anonymously) into radio stations with gossip regarding who Donald Trump had banged. Didn't fool anybody. Great stuff. We loved him.

The Trumpster has been a high end grifter his whole life. We AC/Phila folk just gave him the thumbs up and smiled. He was cool, and he banged hot women and got on Howard Stern. What not to like?

The dude even bragged his daughter was so hot he wanted to date her. Seriously deranged shit.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post

The dude even bragged his daughter was so hot he wanted to date her. Seriously deranged shit.
    Now you are just telling brazen lies. Just like redietz. Trump never said he wanted to date his daughter and your lyinig punk ass knows it. You are to embarrassed to put up the actual quote because it will be much different than what you said. Do you fucking deranged lefties lie about everything?
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Thread Information