Thread: Palms Offer/Confusion

The Palms recently had a promotion, outlined in the screenshot:

http://oi65.tinypic.com/2csi1cj.jpg

I earned enough for one of the milestones (the boothling even confirmed I had enough), but then my actual award was at the next level down. According to the rewards center manager, "base reel or video poker points" means "either/or", and since I had some of the points on slots, those didn't count toward my total. Anyone else think this is intentionally misleading/fraudulent?
    Last edited by Guy Incognito; 05-25-2019 at 08:08 PM.

I would say that is misleading, yes.
    #FreeTyde

That's a new one for me. It's extremely misleading, and probably designed to torture those husband/wife teams who play on one card to boost one person's status. The majority of the time, the females are slot heavy and the males are not. The (probably intentional) side effects of the policy would therefore be to discourage couples playing on one card and to switch video poker players over to slot play when playing as a couple, since teaching proper video poker play undermines the "fun" aspects of vacationing for some people, but both can play slots without much tutorial.

Measly mouth wording. Disgusting. Classic corporate crap. Maybe down the road the Palms can put in fine print that slot handles pulled quickly and slowly are also different categories of earn.

Very misleading. So obviously and pointlessly misleading that I think someone just made a mistake in implementing the reward system.

Well, looks like they've picked right up again for June. They have a new promotion, and this time I went the rewards center and grilled the rep about any "sketchy conditions like they had last month", and sure enough, there's a condition that they don't even bother putting in the fine print this time.

Would there be any use in contacting gaming about this BS?

Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Well, looks like they've picked right up again for June. They have a new promotion, and this time I went the rewards center and grilled the rep about any "sketchy conditions like they had last month", and sure enough, there's a condition that they don't even bother putting in the fine print this time.

Would there be any use in contacting gaming about this BS?
    Gaming isn’t particularly known for being all too competent. I don’t know how they’d interpret it, but I can definitely see them not being able to follow the logic.
    #FreeTyde

I don't know what they'd do but I think even someone without gaming experience would agree with you.

I wonder if you can find an example in the Stations or Palms players' club literature where the same phrase was used to mean both rather than either/or.

Thread Information