Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garth Brooks at Caesars is making you put your phone in a box throughout the performance

From VitalVegas:

Name:  garth.jpg
Views: 799
Size:  42.0 KB

Obnoxious. They don't want you recording the show, so they make you put your phone in a "Yondr" case they provided, which you physically hold, but makes your phone unusable and inaccessible while in the theater.

This is dumb because a recording of a live concert is simply not the same as being there. It's the same reason you wouldn't want to watch someone's cell phone recording of a baseball game from the stands, even if you could watch it live. The entire reason to go is to be part of the entire experience, and to hear the performer live in front of you. Otherwise, you might as well just listen to the (better quality) music which was already recorded for commercial sale/airplay.

Their excuse is probably that people are causing disturbances with their phones, such as taking flash photography, receiving phone calls, and hurting people's eyes with bright screens. But that's bullshit. These are minor inconveniences, and they can advise everyone to keep their brightness down and ringers off, and not to use flash photography, and even provide a number to text to report anyone not listening. Or they could just ignore it and realize that not everyone around you at a live concert will be pleasant, and that's the way it goes.

But this is complete bullshit. What if you're expecting and important text? What if you want to check on your kids back in the room every so often? You have to leave the concert and go to a designated space to even look at your phone?

Get the fuck outta here.

By the way, in the 2000s, they did not allow any kind of phone usage at the table at the WSOP. They eventually realized that smartphones were a part of life, and put an end to that rule. Now the only rule is that you can't touch it while you play in a hand, and that you can't talk on the phone unless you step away from the table.

This rule is very regressive.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

It's not dumb.
    Cell Phones at Live Music and Sporting Events are the worst thing ever.
    I literally can't go to them anymore because stupid people are constantly obstructing my view with recording the show with their phones.
    And it isn't one or two people in front of me.
    It is literally 75% of people in front of me.
    And it is constantly for the entire 2 to 3 hour show/event!
    Cell Phones should either be boxed up or banned at all Live Performances.
    Leave your Fucking Phone at Home you Fucking Phone Addicts!

Better idea is to lock up and HUMAN BEINGS that are stupid enough to even go to a Garth Brooks concert!

Originally Posted by jbjb View Post
    Better idea is to lock up and HUMAN BEINGS that are stupid enough to even go to a Garth Brooks concert!
    Not bad in the 80s but I'm guessing you got a point nowadays.
    I've never been to one of his shows but I liked a couple of his songs.
    He kinda got lucky, from my understanding, after watching some of his autobiography on TV.

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    It's not dumb.
    Cell Phones at Live Music and Sporting Events are the worst thing ever.
    I literally can't go to them anymore because stupid people are constantly obstructing my view with recording the show with their phones.
    And it isn't one or two people in front of me.
    It is literally 75% of people in front of me.
    And it is constantly for the entire 2 to 3 hour show/event!
    Cell Phones should either be boxed up or banned at all Live Performances.
    Leave your Fucking Phone at Home you Fucking Phone Addicts!
    They can just make a rule against this, with an easy way to report it (maybe a number to text).

Making you completely lock up your phone is dumb.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

I find this a stupid idea too. Like Dan says, what happens if there's a severe emergency like your kids get attacked at gunpoint while at home and you're in the Concert and wouldn't know what was going on due to your phone being unusable? I saw on the news a couple went out for an evening and used their phone to check in on the kids and were terrified to see burglars were inside pointing guns at their children! The Burglars pulled one of the children into a bedroom by her hair and forced her to give them a safe. The Parents were able to communicate with the burglars using the phone to tell them they were caught on camera and needed to leave their children alone and leave. The burglars left. What would have happened if the Parents were at a Garth Brooks Concert with no usable phone? Stupid idea.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Zk2WAFzDcrJ7pjNB7

Take comfort in the fact that no one is actually backing up his wishes to have you permanantly banned.

Smart is knowing a Tomato is a fruit.

Wise is knowing a Tomato doesn't belong in a fruit salad.

I am glad to get my full posting rights back! Thank you Dan!

Originally Posted by Tasha View Post
    I find this a stupid idea too. Like Dan says, what happens if there's a severe emergency like your kids get attacked at gunpoint while at home and you're in the Concert and wouldn't know what was going on due to your phone being unusable? I saw on the news a couple went out for an evening and used their phone to check in on the kids and were terrified to see burglars were inside pointing guns at their children! The Burglars pulled one of the children into a bedroom by her hair and forced her to give them a safe. The Parents were able to communicate with the burglars using the phone to tell them they were caught on camera and needed to leave their children alone and leave. The burglars left. What would have happened if the Parents were at a Garth Brooks Concert with no usable phone? Stupid idea.
    What the Fuck did we do without cellphones when serious emergencies happened in the past?
    How did we ever live without the invention of cellphones for the last 5,000 years?
    We do not need to have cell phones on our person 24/7.
    Unless you enjoy being tracked and recorded.
    If you do not want to leave your cellphone at home or have it boxed up, the answer is simple.
    Do Not Waste Your Time going to these Stupid Fucking Shows!
    The studio recording of the music always sounds better anyways.
    And that music is usually available for free these days.
    The point of going to live "music" shows has always been about drinking, drugs and or hooking up for sex.
    And trust me, most of these shows are not even live.
    They are tricking you with lip-syncing techniques.
    You People are Fucking Insane.
    Everyone has to have Two "Fake Vaccine" Covid Shots to see the show, eat at a restaurant or keep your job.
    That's a good thing??
    But boxing up my Cell Phone is where I draw the line in being told what to do!
    lul
    Last edited by monet; 05-11-2023 at 04:43 PM.

Monet, back in the old days that you speak of, we didn't NEED cellphones because they didn't exist yet. Now that they do, we NEED them. Cell phones are a necessity and a NEEDin life, not a WANT. How else could your child tell you they were in dire trouble without a cellphone? I remember a news report about a drunk bus driver driving children! A Child called her Dad and said something like,"Our bus driver is driving like a crazy person and she's scaring me," which is how the Dad immediately knew his child was in danger. In say 1990, there's NO way her Dad would have immediately known his Daughter was in danger. Luckily the children all survived and the bus driver lost her license and her job and was arrested.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Zk2WAFzDcrJ7pjNB7

Take comfort in the fact that no one is actually backing up his wishes to have you permanantly banned.

Smart is knowing a Tomato is a fruit.

Wise is knowing a Tomato doesn't belong in a fruit salad.

I am glad to get my full posting rights back! Thank you Dan!

It's controversial but Brooks has the right to insist on it so caveat emptor ("Let the Buyer Beware.")

Simply don't go if you don't like the rule.
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    It's controversial but Brooks has the right to insist on it so caveat emptor ("Let the Buyer Beware.")

Simply don't go if you don't like the rule.
    Too fucking insightful.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

Monet, back in the old days that you speak of, we didn't NEED cellphones because they didn't exist yet. Now that they do, we NEED them. Cell phones are a necessity and a NEEDin life, not a WANT. How else could your child tell you they were in dire trouble without a cellphone? I remember a news report about a drunk bus driver driving children! A Child called her Dad and said something like,"Our bus driver is driving like a crazy person and she's scaring me," which is how the Dad immediately knew his child was in danger. In say 1990, there's NO way her Dad would have immediately known his Daughter was in danger. Luckily the children all survived and the bus driver lost her license and her job and was arrested.
    Before HBO Max existed we didn’t need it.

Now that HBO Max exists we definitely need it. How else can we watch the latest episode of Succession without HBO Max?

Originally Posted by DGenBen View Post
    Before HBO Max existed we didn’t need it.

Now that HBO Max exists we definitely need it. How else can we watch the latest episode of Succession without HBO Max?
    lul.
    My wife has the sickness.
    She either has her tablet or iphone with her at all times watching some Stupid Fucking TV Show or Cat Video.
    It's Fucking Annoying.
    It doesn't matter where she goes.
    Inside the car, cooking, cleaning, doing the dishes... etc. etc.
    She even gets the phone going with the tablet and TV on... FUCK!
    On the verge of leaving her for her obsession with it but you know, in Sickness and in Health... till Death do us Part.
    I take that contract seriously.

It is as if she is avoiding something.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
    My wife likes using her tablet to play computer games like Candy Crush Saga.

She's not a gambler so never sends them any money, but between that and jigsaw puzzles she seems to amuse herself.

Not a problem, to each his / her own: she gives me no real grief about my gambling; she merely insists that I tell her the truth about my wins and losses, which I do.
    What, Me Worry?

She's not a gambler so never sends them any money, but between that and jigsaw puzzles she seems to amuse herself.

Not a problem, to each his / her own: she gives me no real grief about my gambling; she merely insists that I tell her the truth about my wins and losses, which I do.
    Hey buddy you think I was talking to you?

Or the guy who is very anti-vax and his wife got it. Can you imagine him going on about how bad the vax is after that? Blah blah she gets tired of it so she tells him she has tinnitus to get him off her back. Then she can also claim she didn't hear him at strategic moments.

Can't prove she doesn't have it and it isn't like she has to act You dig?

Come'on now. Lets be real.

jk no way the above could be true. Creative writing. That all this fucking board is.

Or the guy who is very anti-vax and his wife got it. Can you imagine him going on about how bad the vax is after that? Blah blah she gets tired of it so she tells him she has tinnitus to get him off her back. Then she can also claim she didn't hear him at strategic moments.

jk no way the above could be true. Creative writing. That all this fucking board is.
    I'm not Anti-Vax Asshole.
    I'm Anti Experimental Medicine that the Government forces its citizens to take or else.
    I respect my wife's decision.
    I told her that if it was me, I wouldn't take it and I'm not taking it until they test it properly.
    And that takes a minimum of ten years.
    I don't rub it in her face that she now has two severe problems after taking the vaccine.
    Nothing can be done that we know of for her symptoms.
    It is what it is.
    We make choices and we live with them.
    Sucks that she has to have numb and tight feeling fingers all day and night long.
    Sucks that she has to hear a nonstop high-pitched noise in her ears for the rest of her life.
    She just has to live with it.
    Plenty of other worse situations in the world.
    We're all on deaths door anyways.

Last edited by monet; 05-13-2023 at 04:21 PM.

Originally Posted by DGenBen View Post
    https://www.classicfm.com/discover-m...ical-concerts/

Cell phones disrupting concerts predicted in 1919.
    Thanks for the link Ben - extremely impressive prediction.

Originally Posted by monet View Post

I'm not Anti-Vax Asshole.
    I'm Anti Experimental Medicine that the Government forces its citizens to take or else.
    I respect my wife's decision.
    I told her that if it was me, I wouldn't take it and I'm not taking it until they test it properly.
    And that takes a minimum of ten years.
    I don't rub it in her face that she now has two severe problems after taking the vaccine.
    Nothing can be done that we know of for her symptoms.
    It is what it is.
    We make choices and we live with them.
    Sucks that she has to have numb and tight feeling fingers all day and night long.
    Sucks that she has to hear a nonstop high-pitched noise in her ears for the rest of her life.
    She just has to live with it.
    Plenty of other worse situations in the world.
    We're all on deaths door anyways.

Out of respect to your wife and her issues and you being a nice reasonable guy in this response I will stop busting your balls about this.

In general I am quite skeptical about symptoms. Just due to the sheer volume and people's nature to make up stuff, it is a given a lot of things reported by people aren't due to the vaccination.

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    From VitalVegas:

Name:  garth.jpg
Views: 799
Size:  42.0 KB

Obnoxious. They don't want you recording the show, so they make you put your phone in a "Yondr" case they provided, which you physically hold, but makes your phone unusable and inaccessible while in the theater.

But this is complete bullshit. What if you're expecting and important text? What if you want to check on your kids back in the room every so often? You have to leave the concert and go to a designated space to even look at your phone?

Get the fuck outta here.

No one is forcing anyone to do anything.

If you’re a human that literally cannot live with your phone for an hour, they are saying as you do eloqountly put “get the fuck outta here.”

The entire point of a decent rule is for there not to be exceptions.
    Mickey Crimm is a poser pro. He rides around in a moto-wheelchair telling slot hustlers he's Mickey Crimm, and some are in awe of a "forum legend" and show him the plays.

Thread Information