Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CET Atlantis Subsidized Vacation

The time I went to Atlantis I was visiting family in Miami. We took a LITTLE plane to get there. Two engines with about 20 people on board. The flight was, if I remember correctly, $29 each way. Again, back in 1999.

When you tell me you had to stop for groceries and then cook in your room in order to make the trip affordable, you can count me out.

I am glad you had a wonderful time.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    The time I went to Atlantis I was visiting family in Miami. We took a LITTLE plane to get there. Two engines with about 20 people on board. The flight was, if I remember correctly, $29 each way. Again, back in 1999.

When you tell me you had to stop for groceries and then cook in your room in order to make the trip affordable, you can count me out.

Hi Alan,

You are right to be wary about the food expenses. As for us, my wife kind of prefers starting the day with the family cooking and eating together while catching up before we start the day, so it was no particular burden for us. But I can understand where you are coming from.

We took Southwest Airlines in a 737 for $49 per person (each way) but there was a hefty additional $95 travel tax for the flight from Nassau back to Ft. Lauderdale. I believe the tax was largely the Bahamas travel tax and support for the US Customs and Immigration agents stationed in Nassau airport. That said, it was nice to clear US customs there before we flew to Florida so we landed in the Ft. Lauderdale domestic terminal and had no problem catching the connecting flight. It was explained to me that in the Caribbean, only Nassau and Aruba has US customs clearance located abroad.

FAB

Fab, excellent trip report! Enjoyed the read.

Originally Posted by FABismonte View Post

Hi Alan,

You are right to be wary about the food expenses. As for us, my wife kind of prefers starting the day with the family cooking and eating together while catching up before we start the day, so it was no particular burden for us. But I can understand where you are coming from.

We took Southwest Airlines in a 737 for $49 per person (each way) but there was a hefty additional $95 travel tax for the flight from Nassau back to Ft. Lauderdale. I believe the tax was largely the Bahamas travel tax and support for the US Customs and Immigration agents stationed in Nassau airport. That said, it was nice to clear US customs there before we flew to Florida so we landed in the Ft. Lauderdale domestic terminal and had no problem catching the connecting flight. It was explained to me that in the Caribbean, only Nassau and Aruba has US customs clearance located abroad.

FAB
    Toronto also has it, or at least they did as of 2014 when I was last there.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Originally Posted by FABismonte View Post

Hi Alan,

FAB
    Toronto also has it, or at least they did as of 2014 when I was last there.
    As of FEB 2017 Toronto still has it.

Thread Information