Please don't turn this into a political discussion. Save that for the politics section. I am only interested in the betting aspect.

For several cycles now, election betting markets have been more accurate than the polls in that it is people putting their money on what they think will occur, rather than just wishing what they want to occur.

On the Democratic side, there are some interesting numbers. YouWager has Biden @ +170, which is kind of interesting but not the main jist of my thoughts. Michele Obama is the second highest democrat at +600. Last week Gavin Newsome was at +700, but has dropped off as Michele Obama has risen.

Compare that to the republican side where following Trump the closest person is Nikki Haley @ +1900 (19-1). At least Nikki Haley is currently running. Both Michele Obama and Gavin Newsome aren't even currently running and they are/were much lower than odds than Haley.

I have read what is fueling this betting market. There is some though and talk that Biden will go through the primary season, winning the nomination and then come May or June, drop out of the race, presumably citing health reason, leaving the Dems to pick someone else, probably at the convention. Interesting that Kamala Harris is not even close to being considered as that replacement candidate.

Sounds like a longshot, kind of conspiracy theory to me, but it is interesting watching the betting markets react.