Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: song reco

People associate this song with the 1997 film Fools Rush In but it was used in Tin Cup for a brief moment a year prior.
    Underrated and didn't get a lot of air.
    I seen Issack back when Rock and Roll turned 50.
    Good Music and the guy is one of these die hards that live the life moving from dive to dive.

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    People associate this song with the 1997 film Fools Rush In but it was used in Tin Cup for a brief moment a year prior.
    Underrated and didn't get a lot of air.
    I seen Issack back when Rock and Roll turned 50.
    Good Music and the guy is one of these die hards that live the life moving from dive to dive.
    Cheers M8, thanks.

4 different versions...

4 different versions...
    Thanks Monet - all four versions remind the listener of the ridiculous inflation present in our economy.

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    4 different versions...
    Thanks Monet - all four versions remind the listener of the ridiculous inflation present in our economy.
    It wasn't like you and I weren't screaming that you can't shut down the US and or the World Economy when they started that idea.
    And be careful because if you listen to this song too much it will get stuck in your head and you'll be singing it around the house.

It wasn't like you and I weren't screaming that you can't shut down the US and or the World Economy when they started that idea.
    Name:  h4HjpsJ.png
Views: 244
Size:  44.9 KB

In heavy rotation these days ...

Rufus du Sol:

and

Bob Moses"

What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    In heavy rotation these days ...

Rufus du Sol:

and

Bob Moses"

Thanks for the links Mr. V. . It felt like the 80's for me with these retro songs.

Interesting that you'd use the word "retro" as these groups are current and the songs are as well.

But yes, I see it...

Both are quite popular these days, Rufus played at George in the Gorge recently, and my grand-daughter is going to see Bob Moses at Bloom nightclub in San Diego on NYE.

I've been "into" electronic music for decades and it's cool to see how it grows, morphs, evolves.
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    Interesting that you'd use the word "retro" as these groups are current and the songs are as well.

But yes, I see it...

Both are quite popular these days, Rufus played at George in the Gorge recently, and my grand-daughter is going to see Bob Moses at Bloom nightclub in San Diego on NYE.

I've been "into" electronic music for decades and it's cool to see how it grows, morphs, evolves.
    Yes. So just to be a bit more specific, what it felt like to me was the New Wave sort of sound of the mid 80's (which these bands you posted have done quite well).

Impossible to get this song out of your head once it gets in.

Impossible to get this song out of your head once it gets in.

Thanks for the reco Monet. I noticed this fellow's voice is somewhat similar to Weird Al's voice.

After listening to Captain Midnight, I imagined some late-night record store in the 70's in NYC playing this while people flipped through the vinyl record collection.
    Most likely in Harlem.
    Or I could see this spinning when Late Night with David Letterman cut to commercial.

After listening to Captain Midnight, I imagined some late-night record store in the 70's in NYC playing this while people flipped through the vinyl record collection.
    Most likely in Harlem.
    Or I could see this spinning when Late Night with David Letterman cut to commercial.
    Good point Monet - this would be nice bumper music for a commercial cut (Paul Shaffer getting it done on the keys, etc.) or coming back from a break. Other than one other song besides Captain Midnight, I could not find any more cuts from Midnight Sky.

Probably already recommended this but that's what I do.
    I don't even like soundtracks but this one is an exception.
    Literally not one bad song on this whole thing.
    Movie never gets old for me either as I just watched it yet again.
    I thought an NHL Player turned PGA Pro was the best idea till they came out with a Monk turning into a Wrestling Superstar...

Probably already recommended this but that's what I do.
    I don't even like soundtracks but this one is an exception.
    Literally not one bad song on this whole thing.
    Movie never gets old for me either as I just watched it yet again.
    I thought an NHL Player turned PGA Pro was the best idea till they came out with a Monk turning into a Wrestling Superstar...
    Good one Monet. And let's not forget the similarly titled song from Popeye (which I also liked):

Thread Information