Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weather

Real quick I will say this much: I really jinxed things as far as Vegas weather with this post on Feb 1. As soon as I posted we got cold again. Of course not Midwest cold, but Vegas cold. Highs in low 50's and lows in low 30's.

It has been a weird winter. December and now February have been unusually cold (for Vegas), while January was basically beautiful (upper 60's) all month long. Regardless, a couple more months and we will wish we had these temps in the 50's.

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    Real quick I will say this much: I really jinxed things as far as Vegas weather with this post on Feb 1. As soon as I posted we got cold again. Of course not Midwest cold, but Vegas cold. Highs in low 50's and lows in low 30's.

It has been a weird winter. December and now February have been unusually cold (for Vegas), while January was basically beautiful (upper 60's) all month long. Regardless, a couple more months and we will wish we had these temps in the 50's.

I have two inches an hour coming down right now you prick. But I hope you have good variance this year.
    Last edited by BoSox; 02-12-2019 at 11:38 AM.

Trade yeah.

Name:  twinlakes.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  14.2 KB

Notice snow covered road in background.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  498.0 KB

Major east-west highway across U.P. of MI
    Name:  7061.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  46.4 KB
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 02-12-2019 at 12:44 PM.

Unbelievable MWP! You must be in really good health to survive with winters like that.

Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Unbelievable MWP! You must be in really good health to survive with winters like that.
    I think Midwest Player is living in a house with heat, and not outside in the elements. That’s how he’s surviving these severe winters. Sorry, I couldn’t resists.

MWP, this is what Hwy 2 across northern Montana is looking like:
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    MWP, this is what Hwy 2 across northern Montana is looking like:
    Hell the Vegas strip looks worse than that, lol.

Now Tahoe, that’s real snow. 7+ feet

https://www.tahoedailytribune.com/ne...-winter-storm/

Of course you will have snow until July in MT Mick.

Meanwhile in the past week I was in single digit weather in Portland Maine and 82 yesterday in Florida. The joys and hazard of East Coast living.

I'll tell you what, this really has been a weird winter in Vegas. The coldest as a whole in my 10 years here. And I know it doesn't compare to what you people in other parts of the country have gone through. I don't know what to say about that, you choose that.

Here is Vegas there are basically 2 months of winter, December and January. Weather guides will list the average high temp as 57 for both months. But in my time here, we have always had 1 month with highs in the 50's and one of those months with beautiful weather and highs in the mid 60's. And then we hit February, still smack in the middle of winter for most of the country and we are usually off heading towards spring.

So this year, December was cold, highs in the 50's. And has happened every year so far, January, when most of the country was in that real deep freeze, we were in the mid 60's. I think we touched 70 a couple days. Just beautiful.

And then I made that post on February 1, thinking winter was over and we have been back in December ever since with highs in the low 50;s, a couple days not even hitting 50 and windy most days. Also more rain that usual. The mountains west of Summerlin and North of Alainte are snow covered. I was up at Alainte yesterday and the snow cover basically extended down to the base of the mountains. That would be the same elevation as the valley. On the news last night they said we might get snow on Wednesday! No accumulation, but snow in Vegas, which happens like once every 20 years. And towards the end of February when we are supposed to be steadily marching towards 70's and 80's.

Weird winter.

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    I'll tell you what, this really has been a weird winter in Vegas. The coldest as a whole in my 10 years here. And I know it doesn't compare to what you people in other parts of the country have gone through. I don't know what to say about that, you choose that.

Here is Vegas there are basically 2 months of winter, December and January. Weather guides will list the average high temp as 57 for both months. But in my time here, we have always had 1 month with highs in the 50's and one of those months with beautiful weather and highs in the mid 60's. And then we hit February, still smack in the middle of winter for most of the country and we are usually off heading towards spring.

So this year, December was cold, highs in the 50's. And has happened every year so far, January, when most of the country was in that real deep freeze, we were in the mid 60's. I think we touched 70 a couple days. Just beautiful.

And then I made that post on February 1, thinking winter was over and we have been back in December ever since with highs in the low 50;s, a couple days not even hitting 50 and windy most days. Also more rain that usual. The mountains west of Summerlin and North of Alainte are snow covered. I was up at Alainte yesterday and the snow cover basically extended down to the base of the mountains. That would be the same elevation as the valley. On the news last night they said we might get snow on Wednesday! No accumulation, but snow in Vegas, which happens like once every 20 years. And towards the end of February when we are supposed to be steadily marching towards 70's and 80's.

Weird winter.

Agreed, I have been in Vegas for part of all 3 months and I judge by my wives wardrobe. We always understand it will be cold at night but still pack light days clothes. Early December was crazy cold compared to past years. We expect January to be cold but again the day highs we not close to other years. And the days after the SB were as cold as we have even observed. Then again we spent late January at our place in Florida and it was record cold for the northern Tampa area including frost. Who knows, maybe it is following us. Won’t be in Vegas again until late June so hopefully it’s below average then as well.

I wouldn't want to drive in snow in Las Vegas. It's not me I would be worried about. It's all the drivers that have never driven in snow and have the wrong tires for it. The Vegas streets get slick when it rains. God forbid when it's snowing.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

I wouldn't want to drive in snow in Las Vegas. It's not me I would be worried about. It's all the drivers that have never driven in snow and have the wrong tires for it. The Vegas streets get slick when it rains. God forbid when it's snowing.
    Atlanta had that same issue a year or two again. They had no clue what to do with 3 inches.

I don't even have snow tires on my car. However, I do think they are all season radial tires. My new car is worth shit in the snow. We use the old 2008 Buick and keep the new car outside coverd in snow. The old car goes in the garage.

Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    I don't even have snow tires on my car. However, I do think they are all season radial tires. My new car is worth shit in the snow. We use the old 2008 Buick and keep the new car outside coverd in snow. The old car goes in the garage.
    All season is good enough. That's what I run.

so when I watched the news last night, they are no longer talking snow for Las Vegas. They have pushed it back a day and say rain/snow mix for Thursday. But the temps are supposed to be in the upper 40's. I am not a weather guy, but I don't think that works. Personally, I would like the see the weather get back to where it should be....sunny and in the 70's. If I want snow, I head to Lee Canyon for snowboarding, which we do 3 or 4 times a year.

To my fellow Las Vegians or maybe Veganites, to quote Gerald Ford, "our long nightmare is over". In this case we are talking about colder than usual weather by about 20 degrees (highs in low 50's) for the last 3 weeks. So it really hasn't been THAT long or that much of a nightmare. Just an unpleasant dream.

But anyway temps forecast for the 70's starting Monday for most of next week. Just about where it should be.

But they did put out an interesting little tidbit on the local news tonight. Not only has our weather been much cooler than normal, but much wetter than normal. Those of us that live here knew that but here are the numbers: Las Vegas average annual rainfall, 3.39 inches. So far in 2019, 3.09 inches. AND we still have that rainy monsoon season yet to go in late August early September where we often get buckets of rain for a half hour or an hour for a few days. So hopefully 2019 is going to help out the Lake Mead situation.

Are we not ECSTATIC that this babbling moron called it quits again today? Who starts a thread about the weather? And then who talks to himself in posts?

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Are we not ECSTATIC that this babbling moron called it quits again today? Who starts a thread about the weather? And then who talks to himself in posts?
    One less AP on the site means more ignorant blather from you and the other dunces. Ignorant blather yourself to death, assclown.

Weirdo Moses did all the time

There's a whole forum out there built around one poster talking to himself and figments if his imagination. I guess it's cheaper than the shrinks couch.

Thread Information