Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sweating Todd at the WSOP.

I'm a believer in how anything can happen, so that's right.
    I just saw a guy take a 700,000+ chip pot from another guy who had a FH 7's over 4's.

He's down to under 700k last update.

Originally Posted by jbjb View Post
    Doubled with KK vs QQ on last hand before before break. Up to 1.5 million.

Doubled with KK vs QQ on last hand before before break. Up to 1.5 million.
    As of a few minutes ago he's got average stack with just 285 left. That's only 4% of the field left. Guaranteed a cash of at least 44K.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

New article about Todd in Poker News:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...vp_jFbJLSDE4sU
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    New article about Todd in Poker News:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...vp_jFbJLSDE4sU
    Todd is on his greatest life run and will destroy all. I've known Todd as an acquaintance for 15 years now.

And let me just tell you folks, this is his TIME TO SHINE !

Seriously though, great to have someone to sweat from back home. I disagree a lot with Todd but he runs a pretty mean forum and puts it out there and takes the abuse. Being open about depression is admirable too. Not enough people do so. They feel shame. It seems shameful to be able to look at the world and not be depressed. LOL. fucking sociopaths!

I just read his last update. Who the hell would criticize him for "playing the pay jumps?" Geez, tough crowd.

People who look at the world and feel shame and depression are only looking as far as themselves with a feeling there's no way out for them. I was here when Dan tried to explain his troubles, only he wasn't very good at it. If his interview above is accurate, it further confuses the issue. And for him to now say, In the middle of a tournament where he is doing well, that he is happily recovering from his issues, only tells everyone that gambling losses have had a lot to do with his mental issues. If I were him, after collecting his big check from this, I'd leave poker behind for good.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    People who look at the world and feel shame and depression are only looking as far as themselves with a feeling there's no way out for them. I was here when Dan tried to explain his troubles, only he wasn't very good at it. If his interview above is accurate, it further confuses the issue. And for him to now say, In the middle of a tournament where he is doing well, that he is happily recovering from his issues, only tells everyone that gambling losses have had a lot to do with his mental issues. If I were him, after collecting his big check from this, I'd leave poker behind for good.
    Feeling shame and depression are 2 completely different things. Having shame OVER your depression is what I was referring to. Lots of people are depressed but would avoid talking about it publicly. I applaud Todd for that.

I've known lots of people with depression. It tends to run in people who are smarter than the average bear. Your simplistic take on it all explains why you believe in weird gambling systems that have no real basis. It has little to do with "no way out".

"People ... only looking as far as themselves" ? WTF are you going on about? Oh don't answer.

192 left but still sitting on about 1.6 million.

On the ropes. Some asshole slow playing AA is the culprit. Send out positive vibes for a massive comeback.

Ooof.....out in 128th place. Well played Todd and better cards next year.

Outlasted over 8300 other players.....good show Dan

Nice run, Todd. Top 2%. Impressive.

Big question. Any famous names left in the field?

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Big question. Any famous names left in the field?
    Antonio Esfandiari is the most recognizable name still left. There are a few others like a Jeff Madsen that aren't so recognizable unless you follow poker a lot.

Well played Dan, congrats.

Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
    Feeling shame and depression are 2 completely different things. Having shame OVER your depression is what I was referring to. Lots of people are depressed but would avoid talking about it publicly. I applaud Todd for that.

I've known lots of people with depression. It tends to run in people who are smarter than the average bear. Your simplistic take on it all explains why you believe in weird gambling systems that have no real basis. It has little to do with "no way out".

"People ... only looking as far as themselves" ? WTF are you going on about? Oh don't answer.
    Dan cashed out at almost $60k. He did well and he should consider that a success. But will he? It all starts right there.

Dan cashed out at almost $60k. He did well and he should consider that a success. But will he? It all starts right there.
    Dan is a value grinder. We have no idea what all he does for money. To blame his depression on gambling, when we really have no idea how good/bad he runs set me off. (Maybe if you listen to his show and know more..?) Life is far more nuanced and complicated. It is a bit insulting to give him advice to stop gambling. Perhaps there was something in the conversation I missed. I think he'll consider it a success, but there is always that dream. Thats why tournament players play tournaments. That dream. I prefer to not waste my time, but I've been considering playing tournaments.

Dan is a value grinder. We have no idea what all he does for money. To blame his depression on gambling, when we really have no idea how good/bad he runs set me off. (Maybe if you listen to his show and know more..?) Life is far more nuanced and complicated. It is a bit insulting to give him advice to stop gambling. Perhaps there was something in the conversation I missed. I think he'll consider it a success, but there is always that dream. Thats why tournament players play tournaments. That dream. I prefer to not waste my time, but I've been considering playing tournaments.
    You seem to be taking this personally.

I'm not begrudging Dan for doing what he enjoys or having a dream to hit it big in poker. I'm simply reacting to his history of health issues as he's reported here, as well as to his interview a few days ago. It only makes sense that his saying how great he's feeling in the middle of a good run at WSOP is the result of not running badly. Which, In turn, can and should be taken as winning being the cure....and losing very likely being what sets it off. It IS his life, and everyone finds they must make changes to survive comfortably in their lives. Dan publicly identified his health issues, and I'm responding to what I see and how I see it. I believe he should end his poker career on this high note if he wants to stay healthy. There's nothing wrong with that. The roller coaster ride really gets to many people.

Thread Information