Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: movie reco

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    Look, I love Bill Murray and I loved the original Blues Brothers and Alien is a masterpiece but do these Fuckers have to keep making sequels. Can't they just enjoy their money, in their old age and stop making horrible remakes or sequels. Fuck... well, at the very least, they better get Rick Moranis! Pretty dumb with no Fucking Egon. And Part 2 was beyond stupid lol, only part 1 makes sense. I didn't watch the female version, or the remake woke version or whatever it was so I can't comment on those.

Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd and Sigourney Weaver set to reunite for Ghostbusters sequel
    All three appeared in the 2021 Wokebusters - it was absolutely horrible. I too didn't see Dikebusters and so cannot comment either.

Hollywood, Rock and Roll and Radio are dead.
    This is what Hollywood has come to...

Tom Hanks and Robin Wright to Be Digitally De-Aged in Upcoming Film from Forrest Gump Director

Tom Hanks and Robin Wright to Be Digitally De-Aged in Upcoming Film from Forrest Gump Director
    LOL, whatever it takes to avoid the straight-to-video glue factory. Maybe there is an adrenochrome shortage.

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post

LOL, whatever it takes to avoid the straight-to-video glue factory. Maybe there is an adrenochrome shortage.
    I always like how Paul Newman did roles later in life.
    I wonder if he would have been onboard with de-aging himself to make a film.
    I like to think that he wouldn't agree to such vanity.

I always like how Paul Newman did roles later in life.
    I wonder if he would have been onboard with de-aging himself to make a film.
    I like to think that he wouldn't agree to such vanity.
    Zero percent chance he would want to de-age himself IMHO.

I actually own a dvd of Bone Tomahawk but I never watch it.
    I think you'll like it cause it has half horror in it.
    Starts out as a Western and that's why I bought it, thought it was a Western.
    Now that was a grisly Western - holy smokes.

Now that was a grisly Western - holy smokes.
    Yeah.
    Started off as a western.
    Turned into something else.
    I kind of forget the ending but don't really want to revisit the movie lol.
    I still have the dvd buried away somewhere.

I like this one better.
    You get the early Jeff Bridges like in Fat City.
    Not the best quality but free on YouTube...

I like this one better.
    You get the early Jeff Bridges like in Fat City.
    Not the best quality but free on YouTube...
    Thanks for the reco Monet. I can't remember if I have seen it, but I'll check it out. Regarding the ending of Bone Tomahawk - the calvary ended up coming, but in the form of just one man with a severely broken shin and no horse. I won't get more specific than that, in case you decide to watch it (or the ending) again.

Thanks for the reco Monet. I can't remember if I have seen it, but I'll check it out. Regarding the ending of Bone Tomahawk - the calvary ended up coming, but in the form of just one man with a severely broken shin and no horse. I won't get more specific than that, in case you decide to watch it (or the ending) again.
    Probably not going to watch it again but you make me want to lol.
    The problem is all the gore and cannibalism.
    Little rough for my viewing pleasure.
    If you ever get the chance, I recommend going into IMDB and reading some of the user reviews of Bone Tomahawk.
    You get a lot of 9's and 1's.
    People either loved the gore or hated it.
    Most of them seem to never forget it if they watched it all the way through.
    Thankfully, my mind erased the movie from my memory
    All I really remember is the Indians had white powder all over their bodies.

The Jeff Bridges movie is good.
    Somewhat based on Nascar's Junior Johnsons life.
    If you like that sort of thing.

Probably not going to watch it again but you make me want to lol.
    The problem is all the gore and cannibalism.
    Little rough for my viewing pleasure.
    If you ever get the chance, I recommend going into IMDB and reading some of the user reviews of Bone Tomahawk.
    You get a lot of 9's and 1's.
    People either loved the gore or hated it.
    Most of them seem to never forget it if they watched it all the way through.
    Thankfully, my mind erased the movie from my memory
    All I really remember is the Indians had white powder all over their bodies.

The Jeff Bridges movie is good.
    Somewhat based on Nascar's Junior Johnsons life.
    If you like that sort of thing.
    Yes the Jeff Bridges movie was very good; thanks. I started to watch it and realized I had seen it on television before. I can see why people would have polarized opinions of Bone Tomahawk. One thing that most (but not all) of these Westerns have in common is that adults' teeth are in way better condition than actual adults that lived back then in the 1880s or so. Anyway, I thought Bone Tomahawk was solid and I give it a 7.5 out of 10.

Yes the Jeff Bridges movie was very good; thanks. I started to watch it and realized I had seen it on television before. I can see why people would have polarized opinions of Bone Tomahawk. One thing that most (but not all) of these Westerns have in common is that adults' teeth are in way better condition than actual adults that lived back then in the 1880s or so. Anyway, I thought Bone Tomahawk was solid and I give it a 7.5 out of 10.
    Yeah, the Jeff Bridges movie needed 2 more hours or a part two.
    Damn movie was just starting to get really good right at the ending lol.

Yeah, the Jeff Bridges movie needed 2 more hours or a part two.
    Damn movie was just starting to get really good right at the ending lol.
    Agreed. Jeff was on a roll back then. Too bad he does those fucking covid commercials these days (or at least one commercial). Anyway he does a lot of great work regardless. The Big Lebowski is right up there at the top IMHO.

Agreed. Jeff was on a roll back then. Too bad he does those fucking covid commercials these days (or at least one commercial). Anyway he does a lot of great work regardless. The Big Lebowski is right up there at the top IMHO.
    No doubt.
    70s and early 80s Jeff Bridges was really good on the screen.
    He is completely owned, captured and controlled.
    It's a mountain of money and that would be hard for anyone to say no to.
    Of course, I could be wrong about that, and it could all be his choice.
    Other famous mega rich actors decided not to go along with the narrative.

Jon Voight
    Tim Robbins
    Joe Rogan
    James Woods
    Dennis Miller
    Tim Allen
    and a few others...

I never checked into it or heard anything, but I know Adam Sandler, Vince Vaughn, Kurt Russell, Chuck Norris and Clint Eastwood are all conservatives.
    I think many of them either didn't say anything or just said the right words.
    I look to these people for entertainment.
    Not for my life or medical decisions.

Slick and with good humor. Solid.
    Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre.

Never heard of it so I will take a look.
    I seen a preview of a movie you'll probably want to watch.
    Supposed to be a true story about the pinball ban in New York.
    The movie looked off to me though.
    Most movies made today are hot garbage with woke bullshit so I don't expect much from it.
    I'll wait till it's on one of my movie channels.

Never heard of it so I will take a look.
    Most movies made today are hot garbage with woke bullshit so I don't expect much from it.
    I'll wait till it's on one of my movie channels.

I ripped it from gomovies.com - will let you know how true to life it is or if it deviates into wokeness once I watch it. The guy playing Roger sure doesn't look like him.

I saw the movie Monet. Your instincts were correct. Mediocre mostly due to two factors: hipsterization and wokeism. No reason not to see it when your film queue is very slow, but absolutely not a movie to rush into. 5/10 IMHO.

I saw the movie Monet. Your instincts were correct. Mediocre mostly due to two factors: hipsterization and wokeism. No reason not to see it when your film queue is very slow, but absolutely not a movie to rush into. 5/10 IMHO.
    Yeah, it's like this TETRIS movie coming up on Apple.
    Great Concept but I fear it's going to be a horrible movie.
    Hollywood/Movies are dead.
    I thought they were dead a couple of years ago but it has literally gotten worse than I could of ever imagined.
    I think the mixture of Wokeism, So Called Equality and Covid Protocols have destroyed any chance of a good movie coming out.
    I seen they remade Phillip Marlowe with Liam Neeson.
    Has horrible user reviews and the preview I seen looked like a mess.
    And Liam came out the other day all upset because SNL made fun of the Irish being Drunk.
    Big Fucking Deal.
    One of the few bits on modern day SNL that was actually funny.
    And he was saying some shit about how he regrets making action movies with guns because of gun violence.
    It's a bunch of Bullshit that his PR Team told him to say, obviously.

Just to be clear I even rented "Tar" which was decent enough.
    Good Marketing that made me have to look it up to see if it was a real person or not.
    It wasn't.
    Anyways, even a woke movie like that got all the blue hairs up in arms.
    It played both sides of the field, IMO.
    It had wokeism but it also made fun of or tore down wokeism.
    I enjoy classical music so it was decent enough for one viewing for me.
    I'll probably never watch it again because it's one of these movies that ruin it after you seen it once because all the guess work is gone.
    And after the backlash even Cate Blanchett felt like it wasn't worth it to make a movie in Hollywood anymore with the current climate and people you work with in the buisness.

Comedy is dead too.
    I don't like what Jimmy Kimmel has become but for every person he made fun of at the Oscars has come out all up in arms about one joke is ridiculous.
    He's a comedian telling jokes.
    When he did the Man Show he was hilarious.
    And that reoccurring Karl Malone shit was funny too and even Karl Malone got in on the bit.
    This Fucking World is becoming unlivable, lol.
    Last edited by monet; 03-21-2023 at 08:10 PM.

Yeah, it's like this TETRIS movie coming up on Apple.
    Great Concept but I fear it's going to be a horrible movie.
    Hollywood/Movies are dead.

And Liam came out the other day all upset because SNL made fun of the Irish being Drunk.
    Big Fucking Deal.
    One of the few bits on modern day SNL that was actually funny.
    And he was saying some shit about how he regrets making action movies with guns because of gun violence.
    It's a bunch of Bullshit that his PR Team told him to say, obviously.
    Exactly - you don't get to Liam's level without saying whatever you're told to say. I agree about TETRIS (thanks for bringing it to my attention) - they will probably make it overly slick, woke and hipsterized when the real events were almost certainly seedy and moralless.

Speaking of Liam, if you want a perfect example of someone who had to get totally woked out in order to keep working, look no further than Jerry O'Connell. In the mediocre sci-fi series Sliders he was an ordinary guy. But to keep working, he had to turn himself into Tinker Bell. I stumbled into this shit (not the particular example below, but the example below exemplifies the whole deal) while channel surfing (warning - this will make you totally sick to your stomach) - I couldn't believe it:
    Name:  LKqYNfD.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  51.6 KB
    Last edited by tableplay; 03-22-2023 at 04:18 AM.

Thread Information